Custom Entity Fields

Does anybody know if we can get more fields on the Entity Editing Screen as shown Below:

Also can we sort the fields on a permanent basis:

Issue?
Just a note: not sure if this is an issue or not as I found conflicting data about primary keys. I found if I used “Name” in my field list but had changed the Primary Key to something else AND used “Name” in my Account Format - the Account Key doubles up on Primary Key?

Bad Entry (Note - “Name” already deleted from Custom fields):

Good Entry (after deleting Name as a Custom Field and changing Account Field Format):

Tip
Have noticed when moving from the Search Entity -> Manage you need to Log Out as any changed made at the Search Entity + Edit Entity Screen are not populated in the Management Screens. For example “Full Names” & “Accounts” were created but not available in Manage until I logged out.
Thanks.

OK then I will reply to myself - my question must be a little dumb… Well a few other regular posters are using a Customer No for unique key so can I assume you get the same result - just a ID list with no names?

Also with regards to custom field sorting can I also assume you just need to over type a field were required? I see this as becoming a problem when you wish to add a field in the middle of your layout…

Use Batch Entity Editor to show more fields…

I don’t quite understand the question. Do you mean allow for setting the field that it sorts by?

Nearly every management screen is sorted by creation date … to be more accurate, they are sorted by [Id]. I too would love to see the screens sort by [Name] instead, by default.

The Batch Entity Editor allows for clicking on Name header to sort alphabetically, but you cannot sort by the other fields. You can filter entries by field data however. Unfortunately, the sorting is not permanent.

SambaPOS links/maps table data by [Id]. If you change the name of an Entity Account, you will see it is reflected in the Entity itself, because it does not care what the Account is; instead it is still linked via [Id]. I think this is a good thing.

Further, most data is cached on startup/login, so some changes are not reflected until you logout. This is for performance reasons.

Hey @QMcKay thanks for your reply.
I was referring to the order in which Custom Fields appear in the List. With reference to the 2nd pic above:
How do I insert a custom field “Nick Name” in between Full Name and Address above?
Its really only relevant to visual layout for presentation and I think some of the Automatic Entity Screens?

Happy with the other answers, just want to make sure I doing it right…

Yes, you will not be able to alter their order in the Entity card in Management. Again , they are ordered by Id.

That said, something like an Entity Search Screen can be customized. Right-click on the screen and go into design/edit mode and move fields around as you wish.

You can also check out the new feature for defining Entity Search Details and what is shown in the search screen…

http://forum.sambapos.com/t/new-5-1-32-html-printer-template-tables-more-new-features/6046/9

Perfect - thanks Q (234 bookmarks and rising :grimacing:)

So what do I do at this screen? I can see you can temporary move column order but not here about this…

Actual reference is to the “Customization” box.
PS: I did search for keyword customization first.

Once you move columns, logout, and exit, then restart. The movement changes will be stored. This also applies to Widgets on Custom Entity Screens. For example, Ticket Explorer Widget can be re-arranged. You need to give the Widget a name for it to save the Layout. Then logout/in/restart. These Layouts are found here:

[Documents]\SambaPOS5\Layout

Sorry, the ability to re-arrange the screen is actually in the “New Customer / Edit Customer” sections. So search for a Customer, then click Edit Customer. Now you need to right-click very near the bottom of one fo the fields to see the Design Mode. You drag fields around …

Entity Detail Templates is the newest feature, mentioned here…

I couldn’t find any further information about “Details Section” .
Could You direct me to more detailed information?