Custom Report Tags in detail

Oh I plan to mess with it all… I even want to change the colors i saw that in there too. Now I need to fix a few things. I do not want it to show total by the entity name… I think thats a design mode setting too.

View Options > Row Total Location = Far
View Options > Show Row Totals = False

1 Like

This thing is complicated… but I like that… HOLY cow you can do some cool things with Pivot tables. I have some ideas I want to try.

Yes design mode is not for users but I’ve published everything to be able to understand what features will be used. I’ll slowly create field context menus to access these settings easily.

1 Like

Playing with colors now and its quite fun…

I think we need to store pay rate as a custom data so past reports won’t change when we adjust pay rates.

Custom Data format is

<field1>=<value1>;<field2>=<value2>

So while creating the log we can setup custom data as

Pay Rate={ENTITY DATA:Pay Rate}

We can read log pay rate with CD.Pay Rate

1 Like

I am learning: Managed to play with colors a little.

Hmm for some reason it will not save Brush changes. I made sure I right clicked and chose Save.
Is it supposed to do that? I was really hoping to change these values.

1 Like

Good Morning @emre, the new version corrected the error!!! Thanks!!!

but I still cannot manage to do calculations…

in this report:

[Ventas (TAGS):1,2,2,2, 2, 2, 2, 3]
>Ticket|Fecha|Hora|Mesa|Neto Ticket|Taxa Serviço|Descuento|Total Ticket
{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:T.TicketNumber,T.Date,T.Time,EN.Tables Pizzaria,=[T.TotalAmount]-[CA.Taxa Serviço]-[CA.Desconto],CA.Taxa Serviço,CA.Desconto,T.TotalAmount}
>Tickets: {REPORT TICKET COUNT}||||=[T.TotalAmount]-{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Taxa Serviço)}-{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Desconto)}|{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Taxa Serviço)}|{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Desconto)}|{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}

I get:

Thanks!!!

G.

You have [T.TotalAmount] but where is rest of syntax for tag?

Should be something like

[=TN('{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}')-TN('{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Taxa Serviço)}')-TN('{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Desconto)}')]

instead of

=[T.TotalAmount]-{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Taxa Serviço)}-{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Desconto)}

Try this one @gerlandog

{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:T.TicketNumber,T.Date,T.Time,EN.Tables Pizzaria,=[T.TotalAmount]-[CA.Taxa Serviço]-[CA.Desconto],CA.Taxa Serviço,CA.Desconto,T.TotalAmount}
>Tickets: {REPORT TICKET COUNT}||||[=TN('{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}')-TN('{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Taxa Serviço)}')-TN('{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Desconto)}')]|{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Taxa Serviço)}|{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Desconto)}|{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}

EDIT: Woops had a typo try it now.

@gerlandog new expression feature ,=fx(x) does only works for DETAILS tags. It allows us to make calculations while choosing fields for table reporting. For calculations outside DETAILS tag you’ll use printer template expressions [=f(x)]

@gerlandog Here is part of that table in a Pivot Table format. Thought you might like to see it this way. I did not include the Calculations because it would have to be built differently for those… Anyway just showing you this so you can see different options.

Any idea @emre? I know you do not mean for us to access this but I thought it should save the Brushes.

Lol @Jesse you’re in trouble with colors :slight_smile: It seems it only stores layout related changes. I’ll note that and check it while improving pivot features. As it is not programmed by me I have little control on how it behaves.

1 Like

I was afraid of the answer. You affirmed my assumptions I figured it was something else. Thank you for looking into it.

Dear @emre, sorry to bother you so much… but I cannot figure this out…

this report:

>Tickets: {REPORT TICKET COUNT}||||[={REPORT TICKET TOTAL}-{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Taxa Serviço)}-{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Desconto)}]|{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Taxa Serviço)}|{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Desconto)}|{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}

throws this: (Note the totals column in the second report should be $235.50)

if I take out the -{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Desconto)} part fronm the calculation… it works, but its not correct (the value)…

could you please help me out?

Thanks!!!

G.

@gerlandog it is same with printer templates. You should use TN function to convert tag results to number.

1 Like

Here is a SQL script with INSERTs into [EntityStateLogs] for 4 Employees for 2014 for Jan thru Sep you can use to test.

EntityStateLogs_4 Employees_201401-201409sql.zip (8.2 KB)

Dear @Emre… I have been playing with th TN function… and this are the results: (the second part of the screen hold the report with tags, and the first part the report with SQL)

[=TN({REPORT TICKET TOTAL})-TN({REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Taxa Serviço)})]
  1. I asume that a column that has no values is NULL, so this nulifies all the ecuation
  2. it appear that is rounding the number?
  3. when you have a null column, all the forumla becomes null

If I add the NULL part of the forumla, the DISCOUNT column, all becomes null:

[=TN({REPORT TICKET TOTAL})-TN({REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Taxa Serviço)})-TN({REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Desconto)})]

THANKS!!!

G.

YOu still have it wrong. you forgot the ' it should be

[=TN('{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}')-TN('{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Taxa Serviço)}')] 

[=TN('{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}')-TN('{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Taxa Serviço)}')-TN('{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Desconto)}')]

Not sure that will make a difference but worth a try.

The rounding you can format with =F. try

$[=F(TN('{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}')-TN('{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Taxa Serviço)}'),'0.00')]

$[=F(TN('{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}')-TN('{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Taxa Serviço)}')-TN('{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Desconto)}'),'0.00')]
1 Like

You were right, I was missing the ' char!!!

Thanks!!!

1 Like