Customer Display with Advertisement

Hi @abekeris

I am in Chicago area as well. SambaPOS is now taking off in US. :slight_smile: US user base keeps growing. I have been using the software for about one year and it performs flawlessly.

Please let me know if you make any progress on credit card processing. I am very interested in Credit Card processing.

Best Regards,

Sure I will, I have to think in how to do it, it would be a plus if SambaPOS could interact with other applications. Iā€™ll keep researching and posting.

I am not sure if it would impact CC processing at all. But Version 5 when released will have new scripting engine that supports full Jscript. Many aspects of it have been opened up to this scripting. For example I am able to read JSON data from a weather webapi and display results.

1 Like

Awesome this will do the job, the cc processors I have researched use web services so this should work.

Any news of when will v5 available?

1 Like

It should be available soon. He just added some pretty big features today that need further testing. I know a lot of people getting anxious and rightfully. It will be worth the wait I promise. A HUGE amount of new features were introduced and it needs a lot of testing.

5 Likes

That conversation is ā€¦ just inspiring :bulb: ā€¦ (as always) Thank you.

2 Likes

Any of those new features include sub items that @emre once showed us a preview of? @kendash

Also for the new v5, will there now be a way to get a live ticket feed onto another monitor for drive thru customer order confirmation?

Not sure about your second question. But I thought I showed you some new Order Tag options in v5?

Yeah but he had another solution with sub items which I thought was awesome. @kendash

He said he wasnā€™t sure if he was going to continue development with it. I was wondering if he did.

Can you find that discussion because I think what we have is same thing and it was born from that discussion. It may have changed a little but I am pretty sure its the same thing.

Yes search sub order development @kendash

I found it. No that has not made it in yet. Does not mean it wont. But I think the Order Tags development is the better solution.

OK is there any other development for order tags besides what you already showed me? @kendash

Not that I have seen. I think that covers just about every scenario with order tags.

OK thank you. @kendash

Do you think the v5 JavaScript feature will let me grab order data as itā€™s being typed in? So then I can make a live order screen for drive thru

That I am not sure of. Will have to wait and see :stuck_out_tongue:

This is how my screen looks attached to the back of the computerā€¦

6 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for this. Donā€™t mean to sound dim, but whatā€™s the point of the server here, is it for multi-user systems?

Regards,

Alex

Typically when someone mentions serverā€¦ its really just another terminal its setup as the main terminal and its running the SQL Server Database.

In fact other than SQL server there really is not a need for an actual server with SambaPOS.

1 Like

Sorry, one more question, will this work in v3 and v4?