Customer Search, display all customers in search box

Hi,
I have recently started using Samba and think its great.
I have one thing that I cannot figure out with the customer accounts and customer search.

I have quite a few customers that have running tabs, and they pay monthly. One thing I would like to have is the list of all my customer accounts showing in the search list rather than having to type the start of the name in. This is because I am based in SE Asia, where my staff sometimes struggle with the spelling of Western names. This means that we potentially have multiple accounts for the same person as the spelling of the names might be slightly different.

I still need the search function as I might have 30-40 tabs running at once, but having the list available at the same time will help my staff find the right customer.

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I was unable to find a solution on the forum.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Chris

You can use the Accounts screen to view all Customer Accounts in a list.

Hi QMckay,

Thanks for the response. I have seen the accounts screen where the list of Customer Accounts are. However this isn’t what I need really.

I wanted to know if it is possible to see the list of Customers in the POS screen so I can select the customer and add food/drinks to their tab, whilst also having the search function on the same screen.

Thanks,

Chris

You can design a Custom Entity Screen and place 2 Widgets on it:

• Entity Grid
  • Entity Search

Behavioral caveats remain however.

• Entity Search will not display any listing until you begin to type.
  • Entity Grid will only display those Entities that are part of the Entity List for that Entity Screen. So when you add a new Customer, you need to enter Manage > Entities > Entity Screens > [your custom screen] > Entity List, then add the new Customer so that it will appear in the Entity Grid.

These behaviors cannot be overcome AFAIK.

So, the short answer to your question, I guess, is no.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. I’ll try the above idea out and see how it works.