Daily/Weekly/Monthly Cleaning

Tonight, I tried again.

I created an AMC called ResetDaily

When ResetDaily is activated the action ResetDaily is triggered.

In the action is:

Update tasks

and ive only filled out:

Completed which I have set to False

I created the AMC within the entity Screen and used a MSG TEST action which fires the message, however the tasks DO NOT reset.

Ive gone over this for hours, tried different combinations but just getting no luck. I am truly stuck.

kind regards

Matt

If it was say update orders it would need associating to an order
 Do you think you need to feed in task I’d or something or loop through tasks?

I’ve got no idea. I’m stuck.

They’re not associated with a order they are just listed on an entity screen. As basic as out the box.

I’ve never done loop through si no idea on that

Matt

I didn’t mean they were linked to order I mean an action like update order needs some form of link to an order such as being on a order level mapped automation command so an order is selected.
How do you mark them complete in the first place? Presumeably selecting the task on the screen, so I would suggest temporarily changing so selecting on screen fires that complete=false which will if it works tell you the action is working but you update all isn’t meaning it’s the triggering method rather than the triggered automation itself.

You can look at reservation setup and at timeclock setup to see how to use tasks.

I wasn’t sure if you got it to work or not. I’ve been trying a few things since you posted yesterday.

I think what needs to be done is create a new task from a completed task.

This is what I was thinking:
However when I try to run the {REPORT TASK DETAILS:T.Name:T.Identifier=[=CommandValue]} it doesn’t show anything. I’m not sure what the proper syntax is to get the report tag to input into the new task to be created. I’m using the highlighted text below to pass along Identifier ( {RANDOM} value from the task to be set to completed) as a CommandValue
even though Id should be a lower character count.

I’m not sure that’ll work as it lists all tasks from task type.

I’m at work atm, I’ll put a DB up later

Matt

I think I figured it out. This is just a working concept.

Actions:

!

Rules

Correction for the above image
{REPORT OPEN TASK DETAILS:T.Name:'Identifier.Contains("[:CommandValue]")'}
{REPORT OPEN TASK DETAILS:T.ContentText:'Identifier.Contains("[:CommandValue]")'}

Entity Screen -> Design Mode -> Settings [Task Editor]
Column Count: 2 or ? (under Task Commands)

Entity Screen -> Design Mode -> Properties [Task Editor]
Name: RefreshDailyTask

If you need me to add text to the above images, let me know.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I’ll give this a crack when I’m back home. Hate these 48 hour shifts!

Thanks Bob, appreciate you taking the time to test with me.

I found an error in my settings. The report tag for “Daily Task-Add” action should be:

{REPORT OPEN TASK DETAILS:T.Name:‘Identifier.Contains(“[:CommandValue]”)’}
{REPORT OPEN TASK DETAILS:T.ContentText:‘Identifier.Contains(“[:CommandValue]”)’}

I’ve made a correction note on my above post.

The incorrect report tag will not show any info after a work period has be closed and a new work period started.

Hi Bob, finally got time at work to go though this.

So I just want to get things right here. The RULE that you created Update & Copy New, I can run on a trigger at teh end of the day/week/month to reset the tasks back to Completed: False?

Im starting to implement it now

Matt

The way I’ve shown above it will mark the the task as completed. Then create a new task creating a new Identifier ({RANDOM}), then run 2 reports to get the Name & Content information, from the completed task, an insert in the appropriate fields of the new task.

My thinking of doing it this way would be for reporting purposes
Although, I’m having trouble running a report for completed tasks. There might be a way, but I haven’t found it yet.

Ok I understand.

Yes reporting would be good.

Possibly wouldn’t want them copied as soon as complete as then theyll show as not complete after? Or am I missing something?

Sorry Bob, appreciate your help just trying to fine tune.

Not sure I’ll get it complete now anyway as off to Glastonbury fest tomorrow so he may have to just wait

Matt

I just missed out on applying to trade at Glastonbury by 1 day due to issues we had with our new bar arriving late!

Are you going there to trade or just for the fun :slight_smile:

Purely pleasure.

I’m going in today.

Trade, you’re off your nut. 2016 loads lost money due to weather

Ok, I think I got it
Version 2.0

This one uses tabs to separate the different tasks by states.

The basic overview on how it works:

1. Task is created and set to a state of “Ready”. The “Unfinished Daily Tasks” tab will display on tasks with a “Ready” state.
  2. When a task is marked as “Finished” it will record the date, time, user and change the state from “Ready” to “Suspended” of the task state. It will then show up on the tab, “Finished -Daily Tasks”. The “Finished Daily Tasks” tab is set to display tasks with a state of “Suspended”.
  3. When a task(s) is set to Reset, a new task will be created from the “Suspended” task, copying the task name, description and set the task state as “Ready” as well as create a new unique identifier for the new task. It will also change the state of the “Suspended” task to “Finished”.
  4. Then the process starts over.

I also added a little security. Only “Admin” can create and edit tasks. If your user roll is “Administrator” or something different, you will have to change to constraints on the rules:

• DailyTask-Edit Task Step 1
  • DailyTask-No Permission
  • & the “Add a Task” button on the entity screen. (Property Editor -> Validation field. It is currently set as '{:CURRENTUSERROLE}' == 'Admin'

I used custom fields that were defined in Actions. The only predefined field I used was Identifier. Through my learning, I found that I could control the display of custom fields in the “Task Editor”. I was could not figure out a way to display the predefined fields, other than the standard way. I also tried to stay way from using the word “Completed”, not to be confusing with setting the task predefined field as Completed = True. I was not able to access the task through Reports when a task was set as Completed = True. Having said that, all tasks that have a status of “Finished” will have a Completed = False. I don’t know what effects that will have on the database over time. If a task has to be permanently removed the word “Complete” can be added to the Task Editor ->Property Editor->Task Commands box.

Here is the import file:
DailyTasks.zip (3.6 KB)
The first 2 times I imported the file, one of the Task Editor’s would be missing. First one was “Unfinished Daily Tasks” the other was on the “Finished Daily Task”. The 3rd time, everything imported correctly. If you, or anybody, has trouble, let me know. I will post the fix.

I would appreciate some/any feedback from anybody looking at this. I know there is some improvements that could be made
particularly the report. After I get feedback I will make a tutorial out of this.

Wow, you star! I’ll be home Tuesday, currently punishing my liver in a field at Glastonbury for a few days

1 Like

What is Glastonbury? Is long concert over several days?

1 Like