Datalogic Scanner/scale configuration

i buy a used one and its cheap on ebay. datalogic is really in working.

yes i tried it and m reading the same link you sent me to find a solution.

Surly that prefix on scale barcode is preferable anyway, that way you can make samba catch the prefix and rather than use direct barcode dicest the plu and weight to ring it in correctly.
I must be missing something as that seems pretty normal to meā€¦

Yeahā€¦ @Faisal canā€™t you just put S08 into the Weight Barcode Prefix here:

I assume you are capturing weight from the barcode? You can also define your item ID length and format then you use that as the barcode in SambaPOS. But havenā€™t we been through all this with you before in a previous topic?

1 Like

I tried but item not coming up.

No m not trying to read weight from barcode m just trying to scan a simple barcode but my scanner is adding S08 in the beginning of each barcode so samba is not understanding the barcode.
Actual item barcode is 746177779409 and scanner is giving output to samba is S08746177779409.

Just make number pad entered rule which strips it extra characters if you canā€™t work out how to change prefix settings on scanner.
Prefix and suffix are common options on virtually all input devices like barcode scanners, msr readers and rfid readers.

Show the product with this barcode?
If your using scale printer for barcode surly the weight etc should be in the barcode printed?

This is not a barcode printer scale, its just a scanner with a scale. Like this:

And I cant use a action because I have to press after each scanning when samba would read barcode and give me on number pad.

OK. Datalogic wins. Your weight barcode setup will work fine on next update.

2 Likes

hahaha :smile: thanks emre but when? :frowning:
One thing I noticed @emre when I try to type S08 in the weight barcode prefix I cat type S but onlu digits I can type it in.
but if I copy and paste S08 it will come up.

On next update. Keep an eye on beta topic.

Ok but does it include scale connectivity to samba too?

What scale connectivity?

Not sure what you mean here? There is a rule to process numberpad entered.
If you mean to have to press enter after scanning this would again be scanner config issue. You need to enable enter/character return after scan on scanner with those config barcodes.

1 Like

Guys that topic really confused me. We have a scale that have integrated barcode scanner. It prefixes all barcodes with a weight prefix so I thought it will also append weight info to the barcode for weighing items. As SambaPOS does not support weight barcodes without weight data I added support to zero length quantities. It is a shame if this device needs separate connection for obtaining weight data. Iā€™m not planning to implement support for that device as it have no use in restaurants.

1 Like

Press Enter. Sorry my mistakeā€¦

So either way you want to config scanner.
Even without the prefix this will still be the case as typically the scanner suffixes the scan with carrage return or enter to submit the ā€˜typedā€™ data. This has nothing to do with the prefix.

Yes you are right and I did it by changing to standard serial interface type from single cable serial interface. Now I have to connect a next cable to my scanner/scale to run the scale. But I was trying to use this device with one cable, so my scanner and scale would both communicate with samba but my bad luck as emre saying he cant implement a support.

That looks like a retail scale scanner for produce and is not a use that sambapos is really designed for. Sambapos is restaurant pos

yes you are correct this scanner/scale scans a item and give a barcode with a additional global prefix i.e S08 (yeah @JTRTech you were correct) and also gives weight data with S08. Now our samba donā€™t know what is S08, so its not detecting barcode and weight too.
Yes you are right again, so I have to connect 2 cables now to get the scanner and scale working.