Datalogic Scanner/scale configuration

so as suggested above you either need to add S08 to the start of all your barcodes in samba or use a number pad entered rule with some formatting to strip the S08 out when scanning so it just “scans” the barcode

It will never detect S08 as none of your products stored in samba have a barcode starting with S08

1 Like

datalogic scales integration with samba.

Yes right and I already have one similar setup but the problem is I have to press enter after each scanning.
Or we could create a script that will separate S08 and barcode and let samba only read barcode?

Surely you have some setup barcodes to work through to setup the scanner correctly. When I got my metrologic voyager scanner I had to scan setup barcodes for it to recognise different types of barcodes and had to scan a barcode setting to add a carriage return at the end of the barcode (this simulated pressing enter on the keyboard so the barcode is scanned and entered into the pos adding the product)

Without setting up the carriage return using your setup barcodes you will always have to press enter after scanning an item (once you’ve sorted the S08 issue)

SO LISTEN TO ME FFS

Pressing enter is NOTHING to do with the barcode itself but the scanner as mentioned.

Your problem is not the S08… thats not whats making you need to press enter/tick button. its the scanner…
Intergration or not, setting up weight prefix or not, none of these will make samba accept the barcode without enter… The scanner would trigger enter by enabling carrage return using programming barcodes which you say you already have.

Dont know how many more ways to say this.

2 Likes

@Faisal please ask datalogic how to append weight information to the scanned barcode. It should return a barcode that configured like.

S08      123456789012  01200
^Prefix^ ^Barcode   ^  ^Weight^`

So SambaPOS can parse the weight from barcode. This is an industry standard.

I think @JTRTech you getting me wrong. I understand your point but m not sure if you talking about number pad action and rule similar like this:

this rule read the PLU and break item code and price but after breaking it come to number pad and I have to enter it.

Because your scanner hasn’t got the carriage return setting added!!

You need to find the configuration barcode that adds a carriage return when you scan

Carriage return “presses” enter for you, you haven’t configured your scanner to do this so you have to manually press enter

@Faisal you dont half make this hard. That setup was on different topic, you act like a reseller but we shoudl presume this is linked to your other question.
You say prefix is problem, then its that you need to press enter.
If it is entering and this rule is parsing the barcode then we are back to disabling the prefix if your not using scale barcodes.

1 Like

Wait guys I think there is some misunderstanding. Forget scale and weight barcode. from this device right now m trying to scan some items. I configured the serial port already with DL Wedge Utility and scanner strated to scan. But the problem is its giving me a prefix in the beginning and samba not recognizing it. Now datalogic saying if you don’t want prefix then you have to change the serial port interface to standard.
Now if I do that my scanner is working great but I have to connect a next cable to make scale working. Now comes to scale, this device is not giving me a barcode against putting a weight. Its giving me only weight values like 0.144lb.

Or change the rule above to have an alternate flow for numberpad starts with s08!

It is probably not entering to allow software to connect to scale and read weight.

1 Like

I already said it will recognize with S08 prefix on next update. You only need to configure it as a weight barcode as shown on the screenshot you posted.

@JTRTech for no more confusion forget about number pad action and press enter thing. Right now scanner is working fine. as you said to disable the prefix, right?

As I understand then: the issue is his barcodes are not matching products and include quantity and is using numberpad entered rule to parse barcode and its the ‘set numberpad’ action which isnt entering automatically, not the barcode sanner.
The prefix is breaking your numberpad entered rule which parsed out quantity and product barcode? Right?

Thank you emre you getting me correct and other options are not good enough to use. So I would wait for next update.

Or you adapt this rule to account for the prefix.

Or duplicate and edit accordingly.

haha I’m not sure I’m getting it correct but we’ll see on next update.

yeah I think still you didn’t get me exactly but you are closer. forget about scale,weight barcode and quantity. Now let we only assume scanner and its scanning barcodes with additional prefix i.e S08. let we say a item who’s barcode is 123456789012 and my scanner giving me output like this S08123456789012 in samba and notepad.
Now is there any way to read barcodes with prefix but this barcode don’t involve any weight quantity or something.