Dine In or Takeaway Help

When Take Away is selected, the TAKEAWAY tag and Order No tag is automatically put on the ticket.
When Dine In is selected, then they go to table entity screen, they choose a table, and only when a table is chosen, samba tags the ticket with Dine In.

So the order is defined by Ticket tags, which are previously defined either by Tables Entity or If there is not table entity, its automatically set to Take Away.

You can refer to the rules set to make this happen in my other post

Sorry, misread the question, you asking where to put print actions not the tag actions as already dont that.

The default event for kitchen printer is ‘Ticket Closing’

So something like this?

Sorry i’m such a newbie when it comes to rules haha. I’m still learning a lot about how these rules work and how I can use them to set the system up exactly how either I or a client of mine wants it.

Thanks for bearing with me till now.

Your constraint is wrong.
Should be {TICKET TAG:<tag name>} Equals <tag value>

like this?

If those are the tag name and values then should do the job.

You need to make sure these new rules are above/before the default closing rule as that changes states to submitted and print actions are looking to print new so if they fire after they wont do anything as there wont be any New orders.

Alright I’m trying it now. I’ll keep you posted. Finally got one big part done, this is the second last part of the setup left. I’m excited :smiley:

EDIT: One more question, if the kitchen doesn’t have an order to be printed, will it make any difference? Or will it only execute kitchen if there is an order for the kitchen within the DINE IN ticket(as an example)?

Well, It works :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: ! It prints according to Ticket tag, it’s awesome. Thanks to everyone for your support and patience dealing with my newbie brain. It has really helped me learn and understand samba a lot more now. I’m at the last milestone before I make minor tweaks to the setup I’ve put together. I can’t wait to finish it and show the results. It might look simple, but I found the setup could be ideal for many restaurants and fast food or coffee places or even bars and bistros that have diners and take away options. I’ll be open to suggestions. Can’t wait to share my work :).

Thanks again, it could not have been done without all your help.

Hi
sir iam trying the same approach but my button does not work can you please help or direct me to correct tutorial thanks

@Wood_Stone

1 Like