Do we have a way to do some form of entity grid enabled state?

Because you override default behavior by setting up an automation command but action you execute does not designed to work outside tickets. “Change Ticket Entity” works inside Tickets.

You can use state filter to filter buttons by state.

The overall aim is to have a fixed/consistant layout, so not using viable command mapping and just using enabled mapping and same on entity gird, so room 26 is always in the same position rather than position changing depending on how have rooms are checked in.

So what you’ll recommend?

I dont know but struggling to understand why we dont/cant have a way to select an entity using an entity grid with a command…

If we cant do it that way as was suggested I will revert back to the original question of removing the room entity.
Was sugested to change entity to non existant entity name like . but that doesnt work :frowning:

That means nobody needed / tried such thing to date…

If you mean to execute that when you choose an entity for ticket you need to handle “Ticket Entity Changed” event.

Also it will be a better idea to remove room before showing warning.

So JTR you expect me to bring solutions for cases I’m not familiar or optimize features to work as you expect but it is really hard for me to improve SambaPOS without knowing what I’m solving. From what I could capture from your discussions I’ve implemented a validation logic. I hope it will be useful for someone.

Edit validation expression to set valid entity states for entity grid widget.

Buttons other than Room New Orders are disabled.

1 Like

That sounds like it could do the job.

The current change room entity to . gives crash without error message.;

@emre Will this be in next refresh?

Yes it will be in next refresh.

1 Like

@emre does the validation expression state need to be the state type used as display state on the grid? or can it be used as a disable state rather than enable?

Yes.

This is a regular expression so you can configure it like state1|state2 or you can use other regex features.

2 Likes

@emre think there is a bug with the validation expression you added.
Think ive narrowed it down to if there is an entity without a state, (just cleared transaction with db tools)
Once all entities had a state it worked again.
Here is the error;

It wouldnt let me C&P the error code.

1 Like