Emre Eren 1976 - ∞

Founder and developer of SambaPOS, a successful software developer, a reliable partner, a great father, a great husband, and my best friend for 32 years; he passed away on March 3, 2019 due to a heart attack. Unfortunately his heart and body were not strong enough to carry this great genius. I’m sure his soul is in heaven. He will live forever in our hearts.

Maybe you didn’t have a chance to meet him in person, but if you have had a chance to meet him in person, you’d understand that every word I said was insufficient. He was honest, sharing, hard-working, intelligent, benevolent, generous, forward-thinking, open-minded, and his heart was full of love.

He has always said: “If you want to do something, you should try to do the best, what you’re doing is a sign of your personality.” “If you do something for all, you will win.” “If your solution can solve a problem for more than one person, you can feel yourself successful.”

He was optimistic and hopeful, he has always believed that even those who made mistakes should always have a chance to correct their mistakes. So he didn’t break anybody, gave a chance and waited.

He was always patient. He has always said: “Good works take time, even God made the world in seven days.”

There are so much words to say for him. I can write pages for him. I was lucky. He was in a big part of my life. I hoped to have more…

SambaPOS was his biggest and last passion. He worked day and night for SambaPOS. He has always said:" I wrote the codes, but the great SambaPOS community and its supporters created SambaPOS."

The codes he wrote were used in hundreds of countries by thousands of people. Big companies spent millions of dollars to catch his success story. They never understood the people who believed in him and supported him. Today, thousands of restaurants work with the codes that he wrote.

It wasn’t over. He had very big dreams.

I’m proud to be a part of his dreams and his job. As long as I breathe, I will try to do my best to keep his soul alive. Many people who believe in him will do the same as well.

My best friend, rest in peace. Your soul will always be with us.

43 Likes

Tayfun that was beautiful. He will certainly live on through you.

10 Likes

Tayfun, that made me shed tears, it made me realize Emre IS actually gone…
I feel for your loss Mate.

Respectfully Paul.

8 Likes

May he rest in peace. Most of us never met him in person but still feel like we lost family. This has hurt me very much.

Im so sorry for your loss to the whole SambaPOS family in Turkey.

8 Likes

RIP Emre, a great man with a great vision, and now a great legacy that will live through us all

You will be greatly missed by so many, we will do our best to do you proud!

9 Likes

Thank you emre for your wonderful code that has saved my business, and many other businesses around the world, thousands of £’s and $'s. You are an inspiration to many and your loss will be felt for years to come.

Matt

8 Likes

It’s so sad and heartbreaking to realize that Emre is gone…:worried:
Sambapos will Never be the same without him.
Goodbye my friend,
Rest in peace.

7 Likes

it’s hard to believe. my condolences to the bereaved family. Emre, rest in peace.

4 Likes

RIP Emre ,my condolences

4 Likes

My condolences to firends and family.

5 Likes

RIP Emre, my condolonces.

5 Likes

RIP Emre, my condolonces.

4 Likes

So shocked to hear that Emre is gone, SambaPOS is a very precious legacy he has left. May he rest in peace.

6 Likes

RIP Emre, we lost a big person today who was here all the time whenever we needed him and basically i build my business on his dream. Today if i am successful is just because of him. I also want to keep his dream alive and keep working on it.

We won’t forget you Emre.

6 Likes

I still cannot fathom this sad news. Emre was such an awesome person. I did not get a chance to meet him, but did interact with him a few times on this forum.

Life certainly will not be the same without Emre.

I will remember you forever, Emre, you changed my life, and I learned a lot from you…

7 Likes

May he rest in peace. its a very sad news. he was such a great man and very nice friend.

6 Likes

My condolences on the loss of your friend and great leader in our community. May he rest in peace

5 Likes

RIP Emre, My condolences to firends and family

4 Likes

Thank you Emre, for giving such a wonderful gift to the world. There has yet to exist anything considered close to the software you have nurtured over the years.

5 Likes