Entity screen cashup widgets not working after update

Ok so what I did…

For every Editor Widget I changed the settings of it as follows:

Moved the Command Name to Local Setting and added Local in front of it.

Then I copied the Settings for each Label Widget pasted it in Notepad++ then did a search function to find and replace Setting: with Local Setting:Local Notice there is a space after the word Local.

Finally I edited each Editor widget again and added the appropriate widgets it should update.

Then I deleted all rules and actions that were previously used for this as they are no longer needed.

It took me about 30 minutes to fix all of that. Here is result:

I hope you can understand what I did. It wasnt overly complicated but it took some time. Notepad++ helped a lot with editing the settings for the label widgets.

I will export it to db tools file. You can modify it from there. Backup your current system first!!!

EDIT: Here it is: CashupRickH.zip (3.5 KB)

@gsreddy You could probably learn from this as well.

1 Like

Thank you @Jesse for your time really appreciate this

Thought id share a look at Version 2 of my cash up screen

2 Likes

Your not still using rules and global settings are you?

its been a while since i did this and just been reading your updated way, at the moment yea its all still rules and global settings

That is a lot of work. You can accomplish this without a single rule. Latest version had some refresh issues using global settings. Looks good though. Ill post mine soon.

ive not used editor widgets in this version, its auto command buttons and labels, so where as before you typed a number into an editor widget, now you press the auto command button (the orange denomination buttons) a number pad pops up, enter the value and that calculates into the label widget below to give the value

thats why ive not had the error in this post, yea was a lot of work lol

1 Like

I have a very basic setup but it works well. Ill share it once I finish.

2 Likes

So press £1
Enter qty of £1 coins
Value updates below it

then once everything is entered press finalise totals to check for any shorts/overs

close work period when all balances or accepting any difference

6 Likes

looking great thanks @Jesse, i just want to know how to make the expenses to work?, beacuse i click the blue expenses button and nothing happens.

Thats not a button. Its just a label. Petty Cash is a type of expense.

ohhh ok ok, so…how can i add more expenses? wages, internet bills, cleaning products etc…

It wont be easy as it requires redesigning the entire screen. You should understand how every aspect of it works before you attempt that. This is a very custom feature developed by a community member and it will not be easily explained to you.

Hi jesse,

i get this error using your import file. what do you think is going wrong.