Excluding items from ticket kitchen receip, geting a client discount button and slow printing issue

Hello,
I have the following questions:

1. I have 2 groups of items - kitchen items and bar items. I want to print a ticket to the kitchen printer only for the items made there. For example if someone orders tea, soup and sandwitch I want to print to this only soup and sandwitch.
  2. We have a discount percentage for local clients - 50% of the kitchen, 40% of the bar, 10 of the shop items. How can I set a single client button, that adds the discount according to the item group? Otherwise one has to select it separately for every single item.
  3. I installed a Bluetooth kitchen printer. It works, the problem is the speed is very low. It is not a problem with sambapos, because the windows test page is also coming out slowly. I tried different setting in device settings, Com port 6, Com port speed - 115200, but still it isn’t working. It should be fast http://www.ebay.com/itm/262163124380?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Print Job Mappings …

VIP Discounts …

Can’t help you there. For $50 I wouldn’t expect too much.

According to the spec, your printer: Up to 90mm / sec

I have one of each of these:
Epson TM-T88V: up to 300mm/sec … this printer is fast
Epson TM-T20ii: up to 200mm/sec … this printer is fairly quick too, but noticeably slower than the 88V

Print speed aside, you are also dealing with Bluetooth communication speed and signal quality.

2 Likes

Hello,
Thank you for the answers. The first 2 solved my problem.
The rule about cheap stuff, being expensive in the long term will come out trough once again probably.
Best wishes,
Dimitar Mitev

So I have some progress with the printer. I played around with the settings and I found a way so that the printer works really fast.
From the printers setting menu I choose Device Settings - Print Mode - Print as soft phone. It was set to Print as image. The problem now is it prints out gibberish, only latin characters appear correct. I use cyrillic. Playing around with encoding and printer mode in smabapos didn’t help. The gibberish changes, but it still is gibberish.
It is also not working with the print test page option in windows.
I changed the printer from Chinese mode back to ASCII mode without a result. In the printer selftest printout there is cyrilic suported - OEM855 Bulgarian and OEM866 Cyrillic
What else can I do? I ran out of ideas. Reverting back to Print as image works flawlessly, but still is too slow and buggy.