Force Staff to enter ticket note (NAME) before closing ticket

Ive been trying to get this to work for a while now but still no luck.

I want a ticket note to open up as soon as i select a table or as soon as i close ticket.

Any of the two will work

Could you not use a [?prompt] on entity selected rule?

1 Like

Will that open the ticket note tab as soon as i select table?

No [?prompt] is like an ask question popup but with a keyboard and input field.

Is it just customer name your wanting to input? if so ticket tag would be better than note and in that case [?prompt] would be ideal.

Yes id like to input customer name.

I then want this printed on the till receipts too.

I will give ticket tag a go.

If you want info on [?prompt] take a look at my temp tab tutorial which uses the feature to set a customers name on a ticket to hold it open without an entity.
It uses ticket tags also…
And for printigng you could just ad a line like;
[<L00>Customer Name:{TICKET TAG:Name}]

Ok forgive me for this.

Ive just watched the video. But still confused on how to go ahead and set up [?prompt].

Do i add it as a custom constraint in creat ticket rule or as an action?

No, [?Prompt] is a was to get user entered data.
Its a popup with keyboard.
If you have an action for update ticket tag and in the tag value field you put [?Enter Name]
You would get a popup with field labeled Enter Name and a keybard.
The [?Prompt] function used the popup to pupulat the action field through user input and in that case updates the ticket tag with the user entered name.

The Action that will open the Ticket Note Screen is called Execute Ticket Command by setting the Ticket Command Name parameter to Edit Ticket Note.

Then in your Close Ticket Rule, you can do this:

And in your Settle Rule, do this:

If you want the Ticket Note Screen to appear at the very start, then do this to your New Ticket Creating Rule Rule:

You might want to modify other Rules depending on your desired flow, or maybe you don’t need to modify all of the above. It depends on your needs. Anyway, you get the idea of how to go about this now, yes? :wink:

Ive done exactly what you said @QMcKay a few times to make sure i wasnt doing anything wrong.

But i am still getting nothing

That does not help me help you.

Show your related Actions and your related Rules with Actions expanded.

action111rule22

So… nothing happens (ie, Ticket Note Screen should open) when you Select an Entity or Add an Order?

Correct, nothing at all.

Very strange. What version are you running?

With only that Rule as you show, it should behave like this:

1 Like

Yes it does exactly that.

But i want it to ask name as soon as a table is chosen instead of having to select a product first.

Is that not possible.

The rule would be ticket entity changed then.

1 Like

Theoretically that should work. However, it does not.

Upon first selection of Entity, many events are triggered, which we should be able to use, but none of them produce the Ticket Note Screen for some reason. A Show Message test in each of these Events prove they are being triggered. I tried:

Ticket Created
Ticket Displayed
Ticket State Updated (checking for Status==New)
Entity Selected
Ticket Entity Changed

The last one works, but only if you actually CHANGE the Entity.

Hmmm… I wonder, maybe it is trying too fast. Going to try a Delayed AMC…
EDIT: yup that’s it. Delayed AMC works, please stand by…

2 Likes

The idea is that we must delay showing the Ticket Note Screen. In order to do that, we need to use an Execute Automation Command Action because it allows us to set a delay in seconds before it fires.

Actions

Rules

Using Ticket State Updated event is just one possibility. You could use other Events as well, such as Ticket Created, etc. The operation would still be done in the same fashion.

In fact, there are other Events that you should check as well, such as Settle, and Close Ticket to ensure the Ticket Note has not been erased some time during the flow.

This is the second Rule that will be triggered by the first Rule, after a 1 second delay …

2 Likes

I have just tried this on a fresh sambapos v5 install.

and still no luck.

does nothing.