Happy Hour, VIP Discounts with Portions and 7 Price Levels

Ok, so lets say I start using the entities… If I have 1 VIP level that wouldn’t be so bad but as I have 3 AND have integrated it into the SambaCard it makes it a little more complicated I think?

Would there be a way to script the constraints of the Order added rule to pull the (in my case) the field number of “VIP Level” in my “SquareCard Customer Card” entity?

{ENTITY NAME:SquareCard CustomerCard;VIP Level} EQUALS 1

maybe?

So you just want VIP field and if there is a value to count it as receiving VIP price list?

If so do != ‘’
I have this in a few parts for print to kitchen etc, != ‘’ would just mean any value in the entity field counts so could be x, y, yes, whatever. and all would mean applies, no value means does not apply…

Use allot with product tags…

Kitchen Print, Package Item, Bar Print and open priced are all fields which just need a value to make that product counted in the automation relating to it…
I prefer this methodology to mapping or direct constraints as easy to view/edit and can be done in bulk very quickly while still being specific to each product without mixing groups etc like you would for mapping.
I digress either way. :slight_smile:

How about this? (Havent tried it)

not quite understanding this, but it interests me…

For this example its less relevent but in cases where the actual value of the field is irreverent != ‘’ leaves it open to any value. Dont worry about it :slight_smile:

I tried what I just did above, with no luck.

Is my constraint right?

{ENTITY NAME:SquareCard CustomerCard;VIP Level} EQUALS 1

shouldnt be a ; semi colon for one…

1 Like

Doh!

Will change to colon tomorrow now. Hopefully will work.

Thanks buddy

Wow - woke up this morning and my email exploded (44 messages from SambaPOS!).
Sorry guys was travelling.

Umm I see GreatShakes you are using Price Lists for VIP which is different from my implementation. I have used Q’s Tutorial which uses Custom Tags and Ticket States for VIP implementation - you have used Price Lists which could be another way of doing it.

I think the difference is that using Tags we can apply a percentage. Whereas using a List it assumes you are entering a Price.

Anyway flat out today working on Non-Samba stuff :frowning: but I will keep an eye on this thread.
Thanks @JTRTech for helping.

1 Like

Not only that, Tags only allows a set price or % reduction whereas lists allows you to change the price for each portion.

Anyway, I changed it from a semicolon to a colon and it still isn’t implementing the correct price.

{ENTITY NAME:SquareCard CustomerCard:VIP Level} EQUALS 1

Is there anything else I am missing here?

I’m wondering if this should be split as it seems what I wanted isn’t actually whats set in the OP?

I slightly changed the flow for peace of mind that it should work.

Ive created a automation command which makes the price list change.

I then selected items on the till, pressed the button and the prices changed.

I then re-created my original rule, but changed the actions to fire that automation command.

It is literally, just that constraint I have that is incorrect.

EDIT: I have used

{ENTITY TYPE NAME:SquareCard CustomerCard:VIP Level} EQUALS 1

and

{ENTITY NAME:SquareCard CustomerCard:VIP Level} EQUALS 1

Umm OK:

Can I assume you have ENTITIES with a Custom Field VIP?
Can I also assume you are changing a VIP state WHEN Entity Added to Ticket?
EDIT:
Can I assume your Price Tag reference in the ACTION is what I call Price Definition i.e. “Staff”, “Trade” and in yours “VIP1”, 'VIP2"…

These Rules come from Q’s Tutorial correct?

This is the classic Rule as it will interact with Update Portion Prices:

QMcKay hit the nail on the head as you need to use the Order Portion Changed Action BUT also review ORDER STATES and when Entity moves in/out of the Ticket. My very first images in this post shows both of these Rules.

Also in the 2nd image if you run DEBUG you will see if I call Order Stage Change it also should set of other AUTOMATION from memory.

1 Like

Ok, so I have tried this without success.

Isnt this using Product Tags as appose to Price List? anyway, if I’m wrong do correct me.

How does this know to pull up the price list VIP1, VIP2?

Matt

is this what DiscountType State means?

oh man, ive solved it… I was putting ENTITY NAME, and it needed to be ENTITY DATA

wow… fml

2 Likes

@pauln Can you please attach the actions, rules and automation commands? as exporting the file of them