[Help] Possible to Change Formatting of States in Order Line?

i am in beta. This is working fine for me, I just hope I can figure out a way to fix this formatting.

@QMcKay would you happen to have any ideas on a way to format this report string so that the ticket tag shows all positions in the same line? Also would be great if I could add like 3 spaces between each value.

{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:OSV.SeatPosition.asc:T.Id={TICKET ID} :{0},}

Try:

[='{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:OSV.SeatPosition.asc:T.Id={TICKET ID} :{0},}'.replace(/<!rn>/g,'')]

Or maybe:

[='{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:OSV.SeatPosition.asc:T.Id={TICKET ID} :{0},}'.replace(/\r\n/g,'')]

I am just guessing. It is really hard to tell without knowing the exact output of the Report Tag. But basically, there are line-feeds in the output that you want to strip out.

And since JScript .replace() method will only act on first occurrence of a match when you use a string like '<!rn>', you instead need to use a Regex like /.../g to “global” replace of all matches.

Greatest respect to you for all your continuous help.

Ill try it soon as I can

The first one worked great, thanks.

Okay I got my position setup working perfectly.

Only 2 minor complications that need @emre attention if you ever find the time.

1. For some reason “tickets merged” rule is not giving me a {TICKET ID} so I cant update the postionList ticket tag, it comes out blank. I verified with a show message action that we are not getting a ticket id at all.

2. If we can get a way to format states text on orders it would be awesome. Right now im tracking positions by states and its really small. I have been getting alot of complaints that many waitresses can barely see each position.

It does support printer tag in v61 with {{ }}

New tickets do not get a ticket id until you close them.

1 Like

Are you saying that I can change the format of states in order line?

Just try and you will see. emre put {{ITEM TAG:X}} as example.

1 Like

Okay sweet I got it. by any chance can we insert little icons next to the text?

Also now my position state shows twice. Is there any way I can not show the default state? I could of sworn I did it before for combo order grouping states.

Sorry one last thing… Is there anyway to get the max value of my report. Or I guess even the count of all those values since 1,2,3,4,5,6 would have a count of 6 which is = max value.

So if im trying to tag a ticket that was just merged is it not possible then. When you said that, I automatically thought to just do close ticket and reopen ticket with Ticket ID but that is not possible since we cant get the id until its closed. I tried the display ticket to maybe refresh it but still not getting an id.

You can try Save Ticket action.

It wont get an ID until it is saved to DB. Only 2 things can save it to database, close ticket, or Save Ticket action. Display ticket only displays a ticket…it has never saved a ticket to database.

1 Like

You can use ticket number and a script to get ticket is from number after close…

Symbol wise you could use symbol font…

Yes that would work too but save ticket action is much more efficient :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Were coming along great. Im sure people will want this. Ill post a tutorial soon as I finish it up.

Do you guys know how i can hide the default position:_ state below my formatted one. I know I did it before I just cant remember how.

1 Like

Like the smiley face lol
If it were me if maybe try putting the position icon/number on left of price field to save virtical space but also keep a nice horizontal alignment.
That’s what I did for my new/void etc, put them in price field rather than order itself so they align right.

Lol I cant find an actual silhouette of a person. Thats the closest thing I could find.

It really looks nice tho, I love it.

What happens if there is no position set? Or does it just default to 1?

Yeah I defaulted setting to one when user logs in. Thats actually really good advice ill see how it looks by price.

@JTRTech it wont show the seat position state value when moved to price section for some reason. It just shows the tag itself