How do you clear Editor Widget Value:Setting

So @emre and Rest

Not quite sure of the best implementation here? Here is a new image of a very simple Edit Field (Editor Widget) to perform some functions:

So my Questions are:

1. Is there a way to clear the contents of the Editor Widget once processing of any Rules have been completed? I could use Key Codes and “stuff” <backspace> into the keyboard but how many do I do? 10,20, ?? - not really a solution.
    I have tried resetting the Local Setting attached to the Widget but this is I think I different element.

2. I have used Custom Keyboard Syntax: "Add Product=Automation Command:Command Value" as you can see from the image. This is not a solution, however, as <ENTER> is not effected and the Local Setting is not updated to any new vaues entered. I assume this is correct and works the same way as my “Add Product to Order” - Automation Command Button shown above in the image?

3. Your solution (this link) does not work or I cannot get it to work as using Set Number Pad Action and sending Key Code 13 does not effect a “lost focus” or <ENTER> for the Editor Widget?

Regardless of what I am trying to do with this screen ultimately - I would like to understand the Editor Widget and the best way to use it.

So the only way I can implement a small operational flow such as:
Enter a Product Code or Some Text THEN choose to ADD it to the Data or DELETE it from the Data is to rely on the User pressing <ENTER> on this Editor Widget.

My resolution will be to ONLY use the Command name on the Editor Widget to call the RULES.
The Rule will be a QUESTION: Do you wish to ADD, DELETE, or CANCEL.

Therefore as I cannot automatically clear the Widget Value (nicely) AND if the user inadvertently presses another non-Automation Command Widget they will not accidentally ADD/DEL a product. I think I could do a lot more with the Editor Widget is I could easily reset the “Value Buffer”. RULEs could be constrained if say VALUE was BLANK…

That is my take on an Editor Widget.

Can you PM me your database backup?

1 Like

So I changed the configuration a bit: Removed “Add Product Button” and “Custom Keyboard Automation Buttons” as trying alternatives.

I have found a new issue unfortunately - when I Update an ENTITY Custom Field referenced on the Report Viewer Widget - the Report does not refresh the new data after refreshing the (middle) Report Widget?.

Is it a cache Action required?

OH: Bar department -> Utilties Ticket Line to bring up screen.

You need to refresh the screen for it to update.

In the past we just navigated to same screen. But it seems there are some new actions to help with refreshing widgets here is one I just found and had no clue it was there.

I knew about this one but it came AFTER we were messing with this feature.

Before these refresh actions we did the same thing by just navigating to same screen again. BTW navigating to same screen would probably reset Editor Widget.

So if I close the screen and reopen the report has the latest data. So how to I “refresh the screen”?
Ok I already have that "Refresh Custom Report Widget being called.
I have added a Refresh CACHE Action now - just before the above action as well.

Running out of options.
Umm I will try that last one “Refresh Widgets”…

LOL you missed the biggest portion of what I said. [quote=“kendash, post:24, topic:9580”]
Before these refresh actions we did the same thing by just navigating to same screen again.
[/quote]

So use the Navigation action and set it to load same screen. I know that works its what we have used since before those other refresh actions existed. Ill be honest I have not tested those so I am not sure how to use them correctly.

Oh really? So after every Add Product I need to call Navigate? Ouch…
I will try “Refresh Widgets” and pop up a GIF of what running now except for the Refresh issue.

[quote=“pauln, post:27, topic:9580, full:true”]
Oh really? So after every Add Product I need to call Navigate? Ouch…
[/quote]

No probably not. You can use some refresh actions that I showed I just am not sure how to use them yet. However navigate action works just fine.

BTW Study his Punch Editor tutorial it shows a lot of what your asking.

Ok well the only one left to try before Navigate is “Refresh Widgets” - not hopeful as the Top Middle button calls Refresh Anyway which does not show the new data. Of course like you say exit the screen and it there…

So Emre I am posting this GIF as it shows 2 things:

1. The process I am using;
  2. The Refreshing Widgets that do not seem to work correctly?

I will post the Expanded RULE I am using to update the MIDDLE Report Widget.

Refresh Rules:

I cannot imagine any other use for these ACTIONS so maybe they are not working as designed?

Show your Widget settings for editor widget. Is it set to refresh the report widget? You need to set your editor widget to refresh your report widget. Name report widget in Properties then set editor widget to refresh that name.

Read this BTW:

https://forum.sambapos.com/t/editor-widget-how-to-use-it/4674

Beta category so sorry for those not part of beta.

1 Like

Thanks Kendash I have read the Punch Tutorial quite a bit, the link above, and any beta material.

You can see above the Rule which is fired to ADD into ENTITY:Supplier Custom Data ALSO calls the Refresh Report Widget. I also use the Automation Button onto of the Widget as well.

I think for now Navigate is the only option…:disappointed:

Hi @emre

I have solved my biggist problem! :joy:

I can use these ACTIONS to clear my Editor Widget Value - Title of this thread.

SEE BELOW:

Wow real happy with that, so now its just the status of the Refresh Report Widget OR Refresh Cache?

[EDIT]
The only issue is if I use NAVIGATE to refresh my widgets the CLEAR WIDGET ACTION works but it leaves the data in the Text Box? So if you press ENTER the data disappears :confused:

[EDIT 2]
If you move the Set Widget Value ACTION & Refresh Widget ACTION to the first 2 ACTIONS to fire then after processing, when we return the Editor Widget Value 'Display" is also cleared, Perfect!

Done here is this thread - thanks to all.

Well Navigate works well and is instantaneous on my PC so great tip - thanks!
I have to try it on my 10" medium spec Tablet to set the delay… :neutral_face:

For next update I added “Reset Cache” setting to “Refresh Custom Report Widget” action.

1 Like

Great! So for now I should use Navigate?
Also see my Edit above about the CLEAR WIDGET Value not updating the display after Navigate.

For keep testing you can use “Data Export” action. Even it does not have a valid export data config, it resets report cache.

1 Like

The Action for Refresh Custom Report Viewer does work. The Punch Editor uses this (old original version did not, but recent Tutorial does). I also recently changed my Payroll screen and my Timeclock screen so that they use this Action as well.

They all used to use the Action for Set Widget Value instead, which had the effect of switching out the entire Report(s). This required separate Reports for each Entity, which is far less efficient, so this “new” Action works much better.

1 Like

Hi @QMcKay
I am calling the ACTION from a RULE after the Custom Data is updated.

I sure mine work as from the GIFS above I am calling the Refresh Action from the Automation Command Button Widget above the Report. That works fine, to display existing data. When I update data and use that button - no refresh, but if I close the Screen , come back the data appears.

I call the same RULE, the same way as the Button does.

Did you name your widget correctly?