How do you clear Editor Widget Value:Setting

Yes - double checked, am tired but 12.38am but sure the REFRESH Action has an issue. Emre sort of confirmed this by providing an Update. Q’s Punch Editor seems to call the Refresh Widget on Load - just could not find the repeated calls…

In fact (MY) the Report Widget calls an RULE - Refresh Report Widget Action, works fine. So I modified my flow to call this same RULE after a Data Update, BUT “No Dice”.

I’m lost. What does not work atm?

I added reset cache after this comment by assuming you’re having a custom report tag cache issue. @QMcKay generally uses SQL to fetch data so he does not have issues with report cache.

1 Like

Nope all good Emre - will just wait for the next Update to Test “Refresh Custom Report Widget” Action.

As far as I can see this currently does not quite work as desired but you have just modified that. I thought “Refresh Cache” or “Refresh Widgets” would be related as I tried all these as well?

Currently I am using Navigate which works fine, thanks.

I knew there must of been a difference why Q’s Actions are working :relieved:

Yeah just use navigation action until next refresh. BTW what I’m doing right now.

4 Likes

Well that Trees… I missed a lot.

1 Like

Beautiful - you almost expect a Bear to be sitting off in the back ground, following the waft of “smoked pulled pork”…:yum:

Today was beef! :stuck_out_tongue:

OK well a few pork butts too…

1 Like

I want to move the focus from one Editor widget to another edit widget. It’s used for bulk data entry so manually selecting each field prior to data entry is tedious and unfriendly.

I also want to display the same entity screen (data entry form) in different contexts and set the focus to the widget name specified in a local setting.
Having struggled making a basic form operate the way I want I was thinking to shift completely to an HTML form model and do everything in Javascript using a component library such as Bootstrap. In fact I’ve got Bootstrap running in a widget with some sample components displayed. Looks neat but quickly discovered how much I’ve forgotten about the DOM and hooking events etc!

It’s quite a job to implement this so worth asking if there’s a simpler way to achieve what i want, which is basically providing common form behavior like Set Focus and some component to component communication without installing a whole JS framework for such a trivial case!