How to make fast cash buttons work similar to Settle screen

Sorry to bother you again @JTRTech. However I’ve come across an issue. That number pad worked brilliantly for fast cash. So I managed to create the fast cash button, alter it to match the same settings as yours, tested it and it worked. However, using configuration task, I also created fast credit card payment, and altered it the same way I did fast cash, however it doesn’t register anything when you press it…

Just noticed, you might want to change {TICKET TOTAL} to {REMAINING TOTAL} or {BALANCE} for the tendered amount in the nuberpad = ‘’ actions
But thats another thing

First thing to check is rule mapping but if config task should be done already.

1 Like

Also you didnt need to duplicate the payment processed rules as they will fire on any payment processed matching those constraints.

I checked the rule mapping it was all correct. I removed the payment process and added those two extra rules for credit card and it would still not work. I definitely think I did something wrong somewhere but can’t seem to find it, coz I removed all the actions and rules relating to fast credit card payment, ran the config task for credit card to add it, ran it again to remove it, ran it one more time to add it, and didn’t alter anything, but fast credit card button would not do anything even if I just pressed it and did not put any input in the number pad.
So I decided to scratch it and just leave credit card to settle screen.

Also I notice one thing, when u insert something in the number pad lower than the balance amount and apply it, the balance changes which is good, but the number pad doesn’t clear off anything that was there ready for another input. The only time it clears is when the input is higher than the balance amount in which case it just shows the change screen and starts a new ticket.

You would have to manually clear it in order to insert another input

You can automate this, add the set numberpad action to your rule, and set it without a value

Add this action as the last one in the rule and it will remove any numbers on the input field on the pos screen. I had the same issue and this worked a treat :slight_smile:

Hi JTRTech,

How to add second rule, I am not understand

Hi QMcKay,

Thank you for your help working now