How to transfer table between waiters?

Tutorial made by @josephrussell

Tutorial its in this thread in post 21:

Hi @aaronrrc,

The thread began as a question. Basically when a ticket is created it assigns the users username {:CURRENTUSER} to the ticket entity “waiter”. You need to have this entity type created and all the users username loaded as an entity for this entity type. This is just a matter of creating the actions, rules, and automation command (if desired) and mapping everything.

Can you should use your entity’s, actions, and rules.

Thanks,
J

Thanks for your reply @josephrussell, I followed all your steps, but I dont know how to use it in the front end.

When a waiter is in the ticket screen, then press the Trasfer Table button, then Select Table Screen shows, what do we have to do here to transfer the table to other waiter?

Show the rule and action for the automation command.

J

@josephrussell Sorry I didnt see your msg until now.
Im confused if rules and action for Load Entity are useful, anyway im attaching screenshots for that also, Attached screenshots:

You don’t need to load an entity for no reason. Why would you load an entity on login? Sorry I am trying to understand what your expecting from it.

@aaronrrc start from beginning. Each of your waiters has their own Login? Do they always logout after every use of POS?

I saw a comment from you in joseph thread saying that we dont need to load an entity, but I didnt know if thats right or not. So I dont need UE Load Entity action, UE Load Entity upon ticket created rule and UE Load entity upon user login rule?

Actually I dont understand the workflow of this functionality in the front end, I mean, when I press the Transfer Table button, then what?

Ok Let me read up I am obviously not sure what your talking about so I need to read the entire post first. You must be talking about a discussion somewhere about switching between waiters.

Can you answer the questions I gave you above though.

I read the entire post and I did every step Joseph did, but I dont understard very well the workflow. Answers:

Each of your waiters has their own Login? Yes

Do they always logout after every use of POS? Yes

Q: Why would you load an entity on login?
A: Really I dont know, because I dont understand very well the functionality

Hi @aaronrrc I was learning SambaPOS at this time, as I still am now, so you’ll have to read through the stuff that may not be perfect. No you don’t need to load the entity at login. I don’t see a rule for your automation command to change the waiter. Also I think you have the wrong braces around [:CURRENTUSER]

#1 Create an automation command for Transferir Mesa. Here is an example of mine below:

#2 Change your braces on your rules from [:CURRENTUSER] to {:CURRENTUSER}.

#3 Thinking about applying the change waiter entity to your settlement function.

This is done because I was using the ‘waiter’ entity to track who should have the money at the end of the night. If your waiters have their own tills its hard for them to count out at the end of the night if there is a transfer tables.

Thanks,
J

1 Like

I have a Rule for Change Waiter Automation Command, I dont know why I didnt take screenshot:

So I will delete:
Action:
UE Load Entity
And Rules:
UE Load Entity upon ticket created
UE Load entity upon user login

Let me understand better the flow, for example:
Waiter John will transfer Table5 to Jack.
1- John Log in, select Table5 and press button “Change Waiter”, then log out.
2- Jack Log in, select Table5 and press button “Take Ownership”, then log out.
3- Transfer is done

Sorry but Im still confused about the flow.

would you share screenshots for Actions “TC_Assign Entity To ticket” and “TO Display Ticket” pelase?

Personally I think it should be automatic. If Jack started the table but logs out and John opens that table then John should automatically take ownership. Why press a button?

Instead of copying something you have the ability to make your own flow. Which one sounds best to you? We can help you design it.

I think when a waiter selects a previous waiters table maybe an Ask Question popup should come up asking if you wish to take ownership and if you press yes it gives it to you if you press no it opens the table but does not change ownership. Thats my personal favorite.

1 Like

@aaronrrc you cannot combine the the previous thread and the names of the commands above.

I like kendash’s idea of asking, but how my flow currently works.

1. User logs in and selects a table or creates a customer and selects them, this opens a new ticket.
    ACTION - Rule assigns {:CURRENTUSER} to entity waiter
  2. User wants to take table from the current waiter.
    ACTION - Rule assigns new user to ticket by either choose “Take Ownership” in your case “Cambiar Mesero” or Settling the ticket.

Don’t get hung up on the rule/action/automation names. Basically, you need (1) the action to change the entity (2) you need the rule to fire when you select the automation command (or) when you go to the settlement screen (3) optional you need the automation command.

All your doing is updating an loading an entity to the ticket and assigning {:CURRENTUSER} to it.

J

The entity type in this case is Employees not Waiter (its based on using Kendash’s timeclock).

This reloads the ticket when in the ticket screen, so it updates the employee entity at the top of the ticket.

J

Thank you both for your patience, I understand better now!

I like your Idea @Jesse:

I think when a waiter selects a previous waiters table maybe an Ask Question popup should come up asking if you wish to take ownership and if you press yes it gives it to you if you press No it opens the table but does not change ownership. Thats my personal favorite.

Could you guide me how to do that? Thanks in advance

I can but I need to sleep. If I dont respond tomorow remind me.

My understanding its:

1- Create an action to change user ( or entity??, do i need to use entities?) assigned to a table.
2- Create a rule to prompt a question asking if waiter wish to transfer table. if Yes then Action is fired, if No then only opens ticket

Haha, sure, I need to sleep also, Im in Mexico and its 11:58pm, tomorrow ill remind you, thanks for your help!