Installation and set up

I can connect to the server on ms sm s

Successā€¦
Finallyā€¦

Thank you very much for your effortsā€¦

Good to see you got it working. I think the problem all started when you deleted the .mdf file like I said earlier. Because once you uninstalled SQL LocalDB, that effectively resolved that problem as it ā€œdetachedā€ the database you hadnā€™t deleted properly.

Please appreciate SambaPOS is very good software, used by over 130k businesses worldwide. Unfortunately when you just wanted to clear data, you made a mistake of deleting the database incorrectly. Itā€™s of no fault to SambaPOS developers, its bad advice by whoever posted that suggestion on the forum that you followed.

Hope you find SambaPOS works well for you, Iā€™m sure it will. If you need help with anything else we are always here on the forum to help. :slight_smile:

I did not delete it initially.
I tried to delete from Ms sm s. this did not work.
I restored to file to the original location from my back up. Uninstalled whole sambapos. (actually uninstalling left almost everything behind in user folder, documents, programdata etc) Installed it againā€¦
I tried many thingsā€¦

"Please appreciate SambaPOS is very good software, used by over 130k businesses worldwide. "
This doesnā€™t make it perfect or immune to criticism. I found many other people experiencing the same problem, exactly when they wanted to clear data, they have the same issuesā€¦ Someone must do something to prevent from the same issues happeneing again.

And I think a big of portion of 130k still use the free versions of it.

This software seemed promising to me, but when you see my first post where I found Vehbi, the SambaIn_2.exe has obvious mistakes in it.

Do not worry I will evaluate it thoroughly. It has some features that we need. We use gloriafood and other websites that sambapos provide integration. So I will check all these features.

Thank you very much again.

Yes that number will include all versions. However being a reseller of SambaPOS myself and also having worked with SambaPOS for 5 years, I can tell you definitely there are thousands using V5. I have worked with hundreds myself. The problems you experienced would happen on V3 and V4 also, it is not related to V5 only. And its not a common thing we see happening.

When an application crashes or shows a similar error it is common for some details of the system where the software was built on (i.e. on Vebhiā€™s computer in this case) to show up in logs. This does not mean the software has mistakes. These details are given in the logs and detailed report to aid us and developers to trace what has happened. This does not mean anything has been hard coded, it is not related to that.

What were you trying to integrate with that you had SambaIn_2.exe? Note all of the integrations as far as Iā€™m aware will not work under trial mode, you will need to have a V5 license and also a license for the integration you want to use. Only the main V5 software can be used in trial mode.

You did not read it carefully. SambaIn_2.exe take granted that the user installed samba in C:\ drive. This is a programming mistake. As Vehbi also admitted it.

No software in the world is error prone, even the good softwares.

1 Like

Your post specified a username in the directory though, that would mean anyone with usename other than that would have the same problem. Either way.

I did read carefully, you said it looked for ā€œsome configurationā€ on C:\ drive. It is consistent with the issues you posted in general, you did not post full details - e.g. what file was it looking for? I greatly doubt the error message said ā€œCanā€™t find some configuration on C:\ driveā€ :wink:

I say because I have used Gloriafood integration, the one I assume you are trying to test, and my SambaPOS is installed on F:\ drive, and it works fine.

Vebhi said he would look into it, he did not admit it was a programming mistake.

Again, nobody is saying that.

1 Like

Alp we appreciate your concerns the community is very passionate about Sambapos as you can see :slight_smile: itā€™s tough for the community to see someone struggle with it and then question its quality as a solution. You bring up some valid concerns and I assure you Vehbi has sifted through this conversation and picked out anything he needs to look into. Once you get the time to evaluate it I think you will really appreciate just how well written it was.

1 Like

Sambain is new and yes it needs more work and we are constantly improving it.

I did not install anything in C:
The integration application throw something like this
C:\ProgramData\SAMBAPOS\SambaPOS5\sambasettings.txt
or maybe something elseā€¦ but clearly showing C:\ drive

And you think this is not a programming mistakeā€¦ Maybeā€¦
Maybe Vehbi just put it there for fun! :slight_smile:
Or to test how many Samba prophets exist in the world.:slight_smile:
Anywayā€¦
Samba is not God. At least for me.

I donā€™t mean offence by this but alp, you talk as if you know exactly what your doing but yet struggle to grasp the relationship to SQL.
Just saying, is all, for someone to be so confident on an issue you would have expected more knolage of something like SQL. Maybe this might explain why your comments may not be taken as gospel off the bat.

No software if perfect and no one is suggesting samba is good but your new to forum and start trying to say how things are wrong in your first and only topic. People have tried to help and struggled due to a presumtive stance that itā€™s nothing that you did and something wrong with program.
Either way, Jesse got you sorted with your database issue. Vehbi is aware of the ā€˜bugā€™ you have reported.

Now you can have a play with samba. As a newcomer I might reconmend some of the tutorials on the forum to help you understand the automation side of samba which is one of the key aspects which makes it so customisable. Iā€™ve done a couple of step by step walk throughs for simple configurations which may help. There are many other tutorials also in the tutorial category.

3 Likes

Ok we are trying to be helpful to you but posting these types of comments is really not helpful. You may not know but everyone who has tried to help you so far except for Vebhi are not paid staff of SambaPOS, we volunteer our time to help as we believe in the community and the efforts SambaPOS have done building a great product. But making comments suggesting SambaPOS would put a ā€œbugā€ in for fun is just ridiculous and unnecessary.

Iā€™m going to stop here as I think Iā€™ve said enough on this matter. I donā€™t need to prove to you SambaPOS is good there is plenty on this forum that proves that. For someone who is new to the forum, spent 3 hours reading the forum in total here and read 12 topics, I do not think you are in any position to be making those types of comments.

2 Likes

I closed this topic it is not going anywhere beneficial for anyone. I think Vehbi can decipher anything he may need and we have discussed the issue at hand.

1 Like

I do wish to explain something though. The programdata folder is a hidden folder commonly used by apps to store user data because it does not require elevated permission. Regardless if you installed an app on a different drive it may still utilize programdata folder.

The developers of Sambapos are very respected and talented they do not take this business lightly. They know what they are doing and they will assist us with any concern.

2 Likes