Integration of sambapos with third party software

I want to integrate with third party software and I read Emre tutorial :point_down::point_down::point_down:https://forum.sambapos.com/t/integrators-graphql-api-guide/14047,there are some technicalities that I can’t handle on my own.
I will need the house support to get it done.
Thanks in anticipation.

what 3rd party software, you havnt offered any info, what is your question?

Also changed topic to question not tutorial, tutorials are for posting tutorials, nor requesting support.

Sorry about that,we want to integrate an Inventory software which is specifically designed for Procurement to sambapos and the software developer request for Sambapos API to enable integration.

AFAIK there is no API for inventory. Best I can guess is one would have to write a custom ETL program to move the inventory data into your inventory application.

How can you be of help?

At this juncture I can’t. I was to the API capabilites

Very grateful for your response. Please house who can be of help?

I couldn’t say. I do not yet understand the way SambaPOS handles inventory at the database level. You’ll need one of the Gurus to help parse the inventory.

We currently don’t have plans to integrate to a third party inventory system. You can send information about it and we can study it. However it won’t be something we would do quickly if we decide to do it.

We made this integration with 1TC software and we have customers actively using it. Firms with more than 1 branch can extract data from branches with SQL connection when it is done at the end of the day and can process it as desired. The next day, products are transferred from the central warehouse to the branches and processed into the SambaPOS database in the branches, again with a VPN connection.

Would love to learn more about how third party integration works.

There is a popular accounting software called Xero and they have a guide specifically for POS:

https://developer.xero.com/documentation/api-guides/how-to-integrate-my-pos-system-with-xero

Are integrations possible mainly only via the samba and 3rd party software team OR could one learn about this and do it themselves?

-Kern

1 Like

Thank you. I will update you.

A “+1” point from me for those questions.

I would really love to learn what a developer could do to integrate his/her own solution with SambaPOS, too. Does (s)he always need to get the support of SambaPOS team or (s)he can also do that by just herself/himself?

I guess, below are the three main scenarios (possibilities) for integration subjects that I can find so far as a person who would like to integrate his own web-app with SambaPOS.

1. Excel Data Export/Import feature of SambaPOS
  2. Accessing to database (MS SQL Server) of SamabaPOS
  3. SambaPOS GraphQL API

I would be so grateful to get any guidance for those three topics above and other options as well (if there is any) while I navigate on the forum in order to find something more ,as a SambaPOS newbie, at the same time.

Thanks.

All covered in forum,
Some built in export features, custom reports can be created for export sets.
Accessing database is what it is, use sql express and you can access database, simple for a developer, however reading is easy enough generally not reconmended to insert/update via direct sql. App will read updated values but will not reflect ‘live’, only wwhen app actually recalls the related data. Samba isnt listening for direct sql updates.
Samba has a graph api, self documented and covered in forum.

You also missed the built in samba scripting feature which allows for samba to send out data to an external service which is what i have used for my PMS intergration.

1 Like

Thanks very much for such a prompt reply.

One more question about the subject before diving into the already existing guides on the forum.

Could we get (have) that “both sided real-time” feature through “GraphQL” which is missing within SQL integration?

Depends on what data your updating and what your doing, graph should be similar to using an additional terminal.
None of the about would say allow a ticket to be open on one till and orders be added onscreen from external source.
But graph should trigger the background stuff like kitchen print etc when done correctly.
graph will act like an additional terminal in regards its update and interaction with system

1 Like

This is the summary I was searching for. Thanks so much once again and apologies for being that late to present my appreciation.

Actually, being able to act as an additional terminal is more than enough for our external platform but nevertheless, I need to ask that particular expression below to be sure about its meaning, just because of my un-complete knowledge about the master-data types in SmabaPOS and their relations with each other, however, our platform does not include any “insert(create) / delete” process for any “order” and/or “ticket”.

Is this something technically possible but not recommended or is it a scenario that’s not possible at all?

As far as I know, created orders on the business’ own online order platforms can be automatically seen on SambaPOS screens. I am mentioning that process here since I couldn’t understand what is said by “None of the about would say allow orders be added onscreen from an external source”.

I guess, to make the situation more clear, I might place the integration we need for our platform, here.

Our platform is a (map-based) fleet management tool and a restaurant having its own delivery fleet (employing its own couriers) is asking us if they can use our platform for their home delivery operations through directly their SambaPOS (main-management) screen.

1-) They want to know the delivery status of an order in the field. When an order is delivered to a customer, they want to know it as simultaneously as possible, since the lack of that knowledge causes problems at busy times. They just do not know the estimated returning time of a deliverer if he is on the way with batched orders. We need to update the “delivery-status” of orders in SambaPOS with an estimated returning time of the courier.
2-) They want to group (batch) orders (by assigning to one single certain courier) on a map and they also want this assignment to be automatically seen in SambaPOS.

We just try to find an integration way for the two scenarios above.

Hope I don’t seem like a dummy with my questions. Thanks once again.

Sounds quite posible.
If you haven’t used samba then olive harder to explain, yes, using graph would mean that new tickets are shown in screen like a lister or entities on open/refresh.
What i was trying to make clear is say an open ticket couldn’t be updated live while open on another terminal, in the same way to users opening same document on network share causes duplicates etc.

Personly I think its likely that you will want to create an external Web service for that, samba can query that service for times etc, that service can show a map etc with drivers and bombard services like Google maps for route plans and distance/times.

1 Like

It might be hard to explain but definitely easy to understand through your effective style.

Thanks very much for all your help.