Inventory Reporting and features

1. Inventory Transaction Details Expression

I would like to make a request for an expression within {REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:} that will filter out purchases and other field related to specified entity.

Something along the line of this:

@{REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:T.AccountName::{0}:,}
[Purchases per Supplier:2,1,1,1, 1]
Supplier|Soft Drinks|Total
{REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:T.Name,[T.Quantity.Sum],T.Unit,[T.TotalPrice.Sum]/[T.Quantity.Sum],T.TotalPrice.desc:T.AccountName="$1"}

Its fine enough using (ITT=xxxxx) when your client has 3-4 suppliers. But when your clients have dozen or dozens of suppliers it becomes a maintenance nightmare, not to mention if they ask for features, additional reports and/or if the client adds more suppliers as time goes.

2. Inventory Items Import from CSV

I know this could be a long shot but anyway. A feature where you could import your Inventory items through CSV. Why?

Because this CSV form could be given to client to write down everything they want to keep track of, how they want to measure it, how they buy it etc. Then as a reseller instead of going through all this one by one it could be imported. As most of you know, it takes twice the time (if not more) to setup stock compared to menu.

Yes, I know we can use Create Recipes but you still have to go through every single field of that Inventory Item. That can be between 6-10 fields per item. When you have 100 or more items - well you do the math.

I think importing through CSV could save every reseller that does Inventory Setup a good half day of work and give us time to focus on more important things like automation, features, reports, training etc.

I would go as far to pay for this as a license, add on, module or whatever.

3. Wastage column in EODR

Apart from Current Inventory, I think having another column called Wastage and or Returns that could be reported through custom report tags.

I know you can create your own wastage automation but its mostly based on Sales Menu or warehouses. Being able to put it in wastage using average cost price of the inventory would be very useful to have.

1 Like

For point 3 for wastage cost price, I have setup the automation and have a separate price list for wastage which is set to the cos prices. So when adding wastage items to the ticket when I enter “wastage mode” the prices automatically use the cost price values

I can then produce reports etc on that wastage ticket

Just an option there that will solve that issue without any new things needed

Hi @RickH,

are you using tickets to that? I am guessing you have separate products, product tags to price it differently - I know you can report different things in the POS using order/ticket/entity states.

What I am trying to say is that as menus get updated, new items and new things it becomes a bit of a maintenance issue to keep up with all that. I am thinking that these columns could make things much easier if they were native to EODR.

But I am open to opinions and ideas on how I can solve that so its easier for the end user.

Yea using tickets but not separate products, is the same product you would add as if you were selling it but I’ve got automation that updated the ticket and order states to wastage and a cost price price definition that updates when ticket state is wastage so “orders” added get added at cost price and not sale price

I understand and know how to make all that but where or how do you pull the cost price? Is it price definition or you use SQL query?

Yea just a price definition, simple action and rule to update the ticket price definition when state wastage is applied

1 Like

Thanks @RickH, I will see what I can put together.

A post was split to a new topic: How to manage Wastage - An Example of how you can create a wastage system

I moved my post to a new topic more suitable for the post I did showing my wastage system

BUMP — Is there an expression to filter transactions by entity? I managed to create a report (purchases by supplier) but it’s displaying all products that were received on all suppliers.

@Jesse

1. Inventory Transaction Details Expression

I would like to make a request for an expression within {REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:} that will filter out purchases and other field related to specified entity.

Something along the line of this:

@{REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:T.AccountName::{0}:,}
    [Purchases per Supplier:2,1,1,1, 1]
    Supplier|Soft Drinks|Total
    {REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:T.Name,[T.Quantity.Sum],T.Unit,[T.TotalPrice.Sum]/[T.Quantity.Sum],T.TotalPrice.desc:T.AccountName="$1"}

Its fine enough using (ITT=xxxxx) when your client has 3-4 suppliers. But when your clients have dozen or dozens of suppliers it becomes a maintenance nightmare, not to mention if they ask for features, additional reports and/or if the client adds more suppliers as time goes.

See the report below>>>> How can we filter items and totals by supplier ( suppliers are entities with accounts)

I would have to look at those tables to see if it’s available. Likely we may need to use sql for this. I won’t be able to look until I’m at my office tomorrow. Or maybe late tonight.

1 Like

I doubt it will work as I think expression for account or entities doesnt exist within inventory details.

I dont think it will change anything but you are missing an extra “c” in your report.

1 Like

Thank you. That’d be great. It will make it super easy to view previous purchases.

1 Like

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:let me correct the spelling,

hello
This a good feature did u manage to get improved ??
am also facing the same problem cant filter out purchases using supplier accounts
thank you
nice work please keep it up

@derrick_kigonya dont quote me here as I am not 100% but I think Ive seen somewhere mention of some inventory management improvements being possibly worked on by the end of this year.