Is it possible to have Allergy Alert?

Would it be possible to have an alert pop up if an item contained nuts? Waiter could then ask if they were allergic.

Yes.

Use Custom Product Tag such as “Nuts” and set it’s value to True or Yes for applicable products. Use the Product Tag Editor to modify Products efficiently.

For the Order Added event, check the content of {ITEM TAG:Nuts}. If it contains True/Yes, use a Show Message Action to display a popup.

For the Order Added event, check the content of {ITEM TAG:Nuts}. If it contains True/Yes, use a Show Message Action to display a popup.

Could you explain how to do this?

1 Like

Create an order added rule
Add custom constraint {ITEM TAG:Nuts} equals True
Add a show message action with the message This item contains nuts, please confirm with customer (or whatever you want)

Now everytime an order is added that has its item tag set to true the message will appear on screen

Here are the insructions of how to create this, ive used it to create a button that tells staff the ingredients of cocktails, and also form displaying the image of the order line

You just need to change the detail specific to you eg change my recipe item tag to Allergy, then in the product screen instead of the cocktail recipe i have setup tou would see the word Allergy and in the box next to it just put true (or you could type the message in there and just use {ITEM TAG:Allergy} in the display message action and that will read whatever tou have typed in the Allergy box for that product and set the custom constraint to {ITEM TAG:Allergy} is not null

RickH
May 3
You could add a Item Description column and type in whatever you want

Pasted image1366x922 170 KB
when creating a product those fields above show on the product screen

Pasted image1366x922 165 KB
i have created a button on POS screen so when i select the cocktail (in this example Blue Lagoon) and then press the recipe button it will tell the cashier what ingredients are in the cocktail if they forget.

Pasted image1366x922 402 KB
Pasted image1366x768 311 KB
you could use the same method to list your ingredients for each product, with a button if cashier needed to check if a customer asked, but you can also use the tag to use in a printer template {ITEM TAG:X} so im my case in the show message action to display the ingredients i use {ITEM TAG:Recipe} you could use {ITEM TAG:Ingredients} or whatever you want to call it and use that in a ticket template to print
hope thats useful for you smile

1 Like

JTRTech
May 3
RickH:
you could use the same method to list your ingredients for each product, with a button if cashier needed to check if a customer asked, but you can also use the tag to use in a printer template {ITEM TAG:X} so im my case in the show message action to display the ingredients i use {ITEM TAG:Recipe} you could use {ITEM TAG:Ingredients} or whatever you want to call it and use that in a ticket template to print

hope thats useful for you
Perfect, that will solve it smile
Good idea with the popup as could be used to check ingredients if asked when ordering wink
I mistakenly presumed the custom tag option was to pre-assign order tags.

RickH
May 3
you can set the custom product tags here PROGRAM SETTINGS>GENERAL SETTING>PRODUCT TAG CAPTIONS

Just make sure they are comma separated with no spaces (i remember when i used spaces it caused an error and they didnt work properly, not sure if that has been fixed or not but no spaces works perfect)

Pasted image1366x922 165 KB

RickH
May 3
i also have an image tag which when pressed show a picture of the product, i probably wont use that but someone a while back asked about showing the customer a picture of the food or menu item from the tablet as they were serving them. At the moment this loads an image stored on the PC not in samba using the file name so some people found it slow loading, and it would mean manually closing the image window that pops up

I got it working by following your previous post

Create an order added rule
Add custom constraint {ITEM TAG:Nuts} equals True
Add a show message action with the message This item contains nuts, please confirm with customer (or whatever you want)

Now everytime an order is added that has its item tag set to true the message will appear on screen

I cant see any images in your last post?

Yea sorry i created the tutorial in the V5 forum so incouldnt just post the link here as if youre not in the V5 beta test you wont be able to see it so i just copied and pasted it, for the images id have to copy and paste each one and im on my phone so its not so quick and easy