Is there a way to show voids on Kitchen display

i created a kitchen display from this tutorial Kitchen/Bar Display using Task Printer - separate displays for Food and Drink - #6 by QMcKay
im having a problem with it coz its showing voids on seperate card instead of updating the same card so the kitchen can see the void…its kinda confusing if it has to print another card for void

So, is there a way i can configure it to show voids on the same card

On your printer templates can you verify all the fields that have (Id={NAME}-{ORDER UID}) are exactly the same? Particularly under [Orders] and [Orders:Void] and might as well check under [Orders:Gift] as well.

The new kds app shows voids.

what i want is for it to update the card and show the voids on the same card, not add another card of void item.

thats how my template looks
++{TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
Order# {TICKET NO}
{ORDERS}
<size 10>
Served By: {USER NAME}
[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT GROUP]
<size 12>[=β€˜{GROUP KEY}’.substr(0,40)]

[ORDERS]
<size 16>[=(β€˜{QUANTITY}’+’ β€˜).substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}[=’{PORTION}β€˜==’’ ? β€˜β€™ : β€˜ <color #FF55FF33><size 14>{PORTION}’]
(Id={NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{ORDER UID})
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
<size 16>[=(β€˜{QUANTITY}’+’ β€˜).substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}[=’{PORTION}β€˜==’’ ? β€˜β€™ : β€˜ <color #FF55FF33><size 14>{PORTION}’] FREE
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
(Id={NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{ORDER UID})
<size 16>[=(β€˜{QUANTITY}’+’ β€˜).substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}[=’{PORTION}β€˜==’’ ? β€˜β€™ : β€˜ <color #FF55FF33><size 14>{PORTION}’] VOID
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS]
<size 14> [=(β€˜{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:VIP Discount]
– do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Happy Hour Discount]
– do not print

It’s very difficult automation to do that. But your welcome to try. Our samba kds app does it by default.

1 Like

It is easy to show the void as another order on the same card - see @Bob_be’s answer.

To update the order that has been voided is much more challenging. It gets messy when you void only a part of an order (e.g. void one item out of 2 that were under the same order). I gave up on this :slight_smile:

Can you provide a screen shot of the Task Editor Settings?
Kitchen Display β†’ Design Mode (right click) β†’ Select the Task Editor β†’ right click and select Settings [Task Editor]

Add this line to your print template:
(Ticket ID={TICKET ID})
under the [ORDERS] section (near the bottom of the section).

Under the settings on the kitchen display add this to the Custom data group by field (highlighted below:
Ticket ID

I’m not 100% this will fix the problem, but it is a place to start.

Thank you, i had to change my template now its working the way i want it
[LAYOUT]
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
(Id={ORDER NO}-{NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{ORDER KEY}-{ORDER UID})
(TID={TICKET ID})
(Color=#FF333333)
[=(β€˜{QUANTITY}’+’ β€˜).substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}
[=’{PORTION}β€˜==’’ ? β€˜β€™ : β€˜ <color #FF55FF33><size 17>{PORTION}’]
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
<size 16>[=(β€˜{QUANTITY}’+’ β€˜).substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}[=’{PORTION}β€˜==’’ ? β€˜β€™ : β€˜ <color #FF55FF33><size 14>{PORTION}’] FREE
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
(Id={ORDER NO}-{NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{ORDER KEY}-{ORDER UID})
(Color=#FF550000)
XXXXX VOID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[=(β€˜{QUANTITY}’+’ β€˜).substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}Void
[=’{PORTION}β€˜==’’ ? β€˜β€™ : β€˜ <color #FF55FF33><size 17>{PORTION}’]
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:VIP Discount]
– do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Happy Hour Discount]
– do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Crust]
– do not print

and the Task Editor settings , i had to add TID on the Custom data group by

2 Likes

Glad you got it working!

It looks like there has been a few upgrades to the Task Editor Widget since QMcKay posted his tutorial.

i had to implement mine from this tutorial

You might want to use ORDER ID instead of TICKET ID in (TID={TICKET ID})

When there is a new order under a ticket, with TICKET ID the order is added to the existing card, moving the whole card to the last position (even though the first order on the ticket can be already in preparation). With ORDER ID it creates a new card in the last place.

Are you sure you’ve posted the last version of your template? I’m missing (TID={TICKET ID}) in the Voids section…

Thanks for the suggestion i will try and do that.
thats the template im using currently, are you suggesting i must also add (TID={TICKET ID}) in the voids section?

You obviously dont need to :slight_smile: It’s been a while since I’ve played with this and I believed that you need to add this ti the voids section as well. Sorry for spam then…