Kitchen/Bar Display using Task Printer - separate displays for Food and Drink

Good mornin guys :slight_smile:
As u see there are 3+1 Patlıcan Kebap Order
But the KD Screen Shows it like 3+3+3+4 Patlıcan Kebap Order
Is it normal or am i missing something ?

Question 2
Then i noticed another thing, my beverage screen was not working. And i went into the rules saw this one was single.

This rule for foods, i thougt there must be a lovely beverage rule. I created it and then this happened :slight_smile:

I tried to clear db transaction but it did not work. When i open the KD screen samba just die.
But np. i had a backup from yesterday :slight_smile:

Question 3
I can see my food orders and when i click to Set as Completed, orders are being underlined . Thats ok. But if i need something like ;
Kitchen prepared the order, and it is ready for delivery, how can i show that to kitchen ?
Previous kitchen screens had the option. When we clicked to ready button they were goin into another ticket lister. How can we fix this with this new perfect looking KD screen ?

Question 4
When i try to void orders at the Pos screen, they r ok. But they still appears at the KD Screen

That is not normal. There is a line in the Printer Template for Food that starts with (Id= ...) - try changing it to this:

(Id={ORDER ID}-{NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{ORDER UID})

Also, check your Template and Print Job settings for the proper Merge and Separation…

The Beverage Rule is not the same as the Food Rule. This is partly why the Beverages are combined onto a single Task Card, while the Food is separated onto different Task Cards…

That is beyond the scope of this Tutorial. However, you would probably create another Task Type and use the Task Commands available that allows for converting a Task from one type to another…

Duplicate>[Task Type]
Change Type>[Task Type]

Void Orders will still be shown on the KD, but they should have a Red background, and a large “marker” on them like this:

XXXXX VOID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This is controlled by the Template, and again, it has to do with the (Id= ...) line …

2 Likes

After setting the id strings, i ordered something and closed the ticket. Result :

Ooh, this one fixed. It happens after changin the language to eng.

But when i try to void something, KD screen adds the order as a new one :

[LAYOUT]

{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
++{ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Masa} {ENTITY NAME:Müşteri}
(Color=#FF333333)
[=(’{QUANTITY}’>1 ? (’{QUANTITY}’+’ ‘).substr(0,2) : ’ ‘)] {PRODUCT NAME}
[=’{PORTION}’==’’ ? ‘’ : ’ <color #FF55FF33><size 17>{PORTION}’]
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
<size 16>[=(’{QUANTITY}’+’ ‘).substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}[=’{PORTION}’==’’ ? ‘’ : ’ <color #FF55FF33><size 14>{PORTION}’] FREE
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
++{ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Masa} {ENTITY NAME:Müşteri}
(Color=Red)
[=(’{QUANTITY}’>1 ? (’{QUANTITY}’+’ ‘).substr(0,2) : ’ ‘)] {PRODUCT NAME}
[=’{PORTION}’==’’ ? ‘’ : ’ <color #FF55FF33><size 17>{PORTION}’]
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:VIP Discount]
– do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Happy Hour Discount]
– do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Sides]
<size 14><color #FFFFAA55> [=(’{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Bread]
– do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Meat]
<size 14><color #FFCCCCFF> [=(’{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Cheese]
<size 14> [=(’{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:EXTRA Addons]
<size 14><color #FF55FF55> [=(’{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Veggies]
<size 14><color #FFCCFFCC> [=(’{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Condiments]
<size 14><color #FFFFCCCC> [=(’{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP|EXTRA Addons,Sauteed,OTS,Sides]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:EXTRA Addons]
<size 14> ~~~ ADDONS ~~~

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:Sauteed]
<size 14> ~~~ SAUTEED ~~~

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:OTS]
<size 14> ~~~ ON THE SIDE ~~~

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:Sides]
<size 14> ~~~ SIDES ~~~

My VOID button is in Turkish. Do i need to make this [ORDERS:Void] into this [ORDERS:İade]

Edit: This way fixed the void point.

But we have another prob. here. When we void something its ok. But when we use the (+) or (-) signs to reduct the order amount of for ex: 4 Patlıcan Kepap
When we do this it does the trick again and prints a new order named 1 Patlıcan Kebap also doin the past printed 4 patlıcan RED VOID background.

And im wondering how will we clean this KD screen, After Workperiod ? Or the orders will be cumulated forever ? As the underlined(completed)
I found something like that

It works well.

Question 1 -) How can we sort orders by tickets(like tables but probably by ticket no) ?
Question 2-) I took a look for task duplicate action or smtn like that. But negative. There is no such thing. If u meaned another way can u please explain ?

1 Like

Not much we can do about that … the +/- buttons are problematic for various reasons that we have no control over. Maybe @emre can help us out here by changing their behavior because they cause “issues” with other types of setups as well.

1 Like

So can u help me about the task update thing ? About the ready button for delivery.

Have you looked at this? This is based on Tickets rather than Orders, but that is what you would want for Delivery anyway.

Yea i worked on it. It is also working well. But i guess i need KD Screen and Delivery together :frowning:
I actually could use it for a different KD Screen seperate from the package delivery, but my priority is the Notifications system. (After 5 mins Yellow and 10 mins red) We cant do this with the package delivery system as i know. If i am wrong please just notify us @emre

I think that missed but 5.1.60 have a timer formatting tag to display such timers on screens that supports formatting syntax. As it is not tested a lot that might not work as expected but you may try that.

From 5.1.60 feature list.

<timer> formatting tag added to display timers on various screens. Syntax <timer (hh:mm) (due minutes)>[Display Format]</timer>. Display format is the display format that used in task editor timers. <timer 12:00></timer> will display time passed from 12 o’clock.

2 Likes

So can we use it for the order notifier ?
Meaned, timer from 12:00 is ok but we need the timer from order time and it must effect the program like goin red, maybe flashin buttons or pop up a message maybe.

Or 5.1.60 or 61 can fix the (+) (-) issue ?

hello everyone, im reeding this post following the time line and its really amazing, i want to knoy a cople of thing, first i wave implemented kitchen display the od version and this one it have everithing that i need there is any problem if i left the old one and implement this at the same time?
there is any pre built database to aply?

Should be no problem having the old one and the new one together.

No pre-built database for this.

sorry, i get lost here, i have to create an state in setting?

You need to make a new update order state action to set a state for KDStatus.
Make a seperate state flow and do not mess with the default status state flow.

You do not need to create States in Setting in order to use them. Just use Actions and manually type the State Name and State. The Tutorial does not mention creating States in Settings, because it is not required.

hello everyone, im little bit frustrated, i did every step by step but it not work at all, this is my screen

tell me what do you need and ill upload it, but please help me!!!

Did you tagged your products?

1 Like

Show screenshots:

• Task Types
  • Task Editor Widget Settings
  • Product Tag Editor
  • Rule for Order Added
1 Like

yes emre i tagged it
im trying to make food screen works
task types

task editor widget, i copied and paste evrery step

and

it will be usefull for the future use the tag editor for me with the reports

and in the rule i also created a custom containt with the Group Code to try but isnt work

i hope you can help me and thanks a lot

You can uncheck the option for “Allow adding Tasks” on the Task Editor Widget Settings.

Show screenshot of Printer configuration for the Food Task Type:

1 Like

the printer was exacly like this one, i also uncheck this box now, and looks like the same