Kitchen/Bar Display using Task Printer - separate displays for Food and Drink

100% Positive I did not install message server on the clients.

So try changing it to port 9000+ and restart the service then connect the terminals to it see if that makes difference. Also for the terminals use http:\\serverip to connect clients to server.

No. It did not change anything.

On another note, is there a way to have this screen change the order to a “Ready” state? The kitchen could hit a button to mark as complete, the status of order changes to ready, and the server can pick it up. Once picked up, the kitchen can hit a served button to clear it from the screen. Thanks

I had the same issue, everything was configured correctly but sometimes the screen refreshed and sometimes it didn’t, so I set up a macro with AutoHotKey to press the entity tab to fresh the widget every 5 seconds, after many tests, reinstall windows, I don’t know why but auto refresh didn’t work always for me, so i’m still with the macro, I don’t know if the auto fresh would work right now that I updated Sambapos, but I’m not able to do it right know.

See this post Waiter Screen / Ready Orders

1 Like

Not sure where it is - might be in this Topic or another related one - someone else asked something similar and I demoed how it could be done… you will need to search for it, ready, served.

EDIT: well there you go, @Francisco_Lopez found it for you.

Ah perfect. Restaurant is open so not a good idea to update system while it is live, lol. I’ll implement after hours. Thanks!

Actually, looking through the different tutorials (there are a bunch, lol) what I am hoping to accomplish is not there. I just want the complete button on the KD screen to change the cards to green for completed orders. Then I need an extra button added to KD screen that removes the orders from the screen after they are served. Any help would be appreciated.

I figured out how to change the completed items to green. So what I need now is another button to remove the completed items after they have been served. Thanks.

Ok, so a new problem has emerged with the kitchen display. This started about 10 days ago and the chef has just made me aware of it. Old orders, which have been marked as complete on the screen, will appear at random. It does not do it with every check or order nor does it do it with every order on a check. There is nothing that causes it to trigger it to re fire the order. Even after a check has been closed and settled, it will still re fire some of the items on that check. Nothing has changed with the code in that time period and no templates have been changed either. What could be causing this. I can upload all the screen shots you may need to help fix this, just let me know. In this screen shot, there are some items that re fired all night last night an it stops after the work period is closed.

Show screenshots of your entire setup. Anything that has a “KD” prefix:

• Task Types
  • Printer configuration with “Settings” link shown to verify Task Type
  • Print Job Mappings
  • Product Tag Editor showing Food/Beverage Tag settings
  • Actions
  • Rules - be sure to expand all Actions in Rules

Ok. here are the screen shots. I took 1 of the product tag editor. To do the whole thing it will take at least 15 screen shots as our menu is large. But i checked over everything to ensure the tags are correct.

and here is the food template

[LAYOUT]
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
++{ORDER DATE} {ORDER TIME} 
Table:{ENTITY NAME:Table} Server:{USER NAME}
(Id={NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{ORDER UID})
(TID={TICKET ID})
(Color=#FF333333)
<bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2) : '  ')] {PRODUCT NAME}</bold>
[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas>  <color #FF55FF33><size 17><bold>{PORTION}</bold></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
<color White><bold><size 16><font Consolas>[=('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}</font></size></bold></color>[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas> <color #FF55FF33><size 14><italic>{PORTION}</italic></size></color></font>'] <bold> FREE</bold>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
++{ORDER TIME} Table:{ENTITY NAME:Table} Server:{USER NAME}
(Id={NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{ORDER UID})
(Color=#FF550000)
XXXXX VOID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
<bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2) : '  ')] {PRODUCT NAME}</bold>
[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas>  <color #FF55FF33><size 17><bold>{PORTION}</bold></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:VIP Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Happy Hour Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Crust]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Wings Sauces]
<size 14><color LightSalmon><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Order Notes]
<size 14><color #FFCCCCFF><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Sandwich & Burger Toppings]
<size 14><color #FFCCFFCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pasta Options]
<size 14><color Yellow><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Ravioli Fillings]
<size 15><color #FF55FF55><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Doneness]
<size 15><color #FF55FF55><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Blacken]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Heat]
<size 14><color #FFFFCCCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Add Cheese]
<size 14><color #FFFFCCCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Platter]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Children Add Fries]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Sides]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Salad Options]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Salad Dressing]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Baked Potato Toppings]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Salad Options]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Extras]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Surf & Turf Coupon Apps]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:12" Pizza Toppings]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:18" Pizza Toppings]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Meat Options]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Gravy]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Starch Options]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Vegetable Options]

Your Print Job Mappings should have one of these in the Product Tag column:

productType=Food
productType=Drink

Probably not causing the issue you describe.

I rebooted the system and it resolved the issue. Had to be something stuck in the memory. I’ve setup a weekly reboot schedule now.

I am not finding Task Printer under Printer Type: why is this?

The Task Printer is a Custom Printer. You need to install that Module…

Within SambaPOS, go to Samba Market, find Custom Printers, and click Install. Then shut down SambaPOS, and restart it.

Hey everyone, so message server is working perfectly now but, unfortunately, the kitchen display is still exhibiting sporadic behavior. It will update sometimes across all terminals, sometimes it won’t update all terminals, maybe 1 or 2… Sometimes it wont update at all. If I set the refresh interval to 3 seconds, it updates every time tho. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Also, to add to it, now when the kitchen selects ready for an order, it does not update across ANY terminals. The kitchen and all terminals get the update to the screen if the server machine is the terminal used to enter the order. Nothing changed since yesterday. Not sure what happened.

Did you install this using the steps in the Tutorial or using the DB Tools file?