Kitchen/Bar Display using Task Printer - separate displays for Food and Drink

This worked like a charm! Thanks a million!

It is possible a task command then change color at task selected in kitchen display? Order status change background color is possible?

Hello,
i have a problem with my setup for the beverage part.
When i make a new order it works all fine on the kitchen display. But if i open and close the ticket again. The same order apears again like a new order on the kitchen display. I looked for my setup, but it looks fine. I use the german language for my sistem, maybe its something to do with that.

Thanks for the answers.

Whats with the printing state?
Why not just only print not printed and then updated to printed?

He wanted to make sure that when he went to check the ticket in the ticket list if it was printing or not
? If he can open it that fast

After backup try to delete the Order state update rule and make the rule for print beverage the same of food

If it is printing the Task Card again after opening/closing the Ticket, that means the KDStatus State is being changed somewhere along the way, or you are not constraining the State Update properly to prevent multiple prints.

The idea for the flow is this:

• Order Added, set KDStatus State to BNotPrinted (for Beverage Products only, while Food Products will be set to FNotPrinted). At this point, we don’t care if the KDStatus had some previous State, so we don’t bother constraining it. It is a brand new Order, so it won’t have an KDStatus State to begin with, so we “initialize” that State to indicate that the Order has never been printed.

• Ticket is Closed (Order is Submitted)

• set any Orders that have a KDStatus State of BNotPrinted to BPrinting. That state change is constrained by PreviousState being equal to BNotPrinted.

• Print Orders that have KDStatus State of BPrinting. The state is not changed here, but the Print Action will only Print Orders which have a state of BPrinting. This is the constraint for the Print Action (set by the state parameter), and since we just updated any Orders with a State of BNotPrinted to BPrinting, only those Orders will print a Task Card.

• set any Orders that have a KDStatus State of BPrinting to BPrinted. The previous Action printed the Order Task Card for those Orders having a State of BPrinting. Now we update the state to BPrinted, but only for those Orders that currently have a State of BPrinting (constrained). This should prevent the Order from being printed ever again.

So, if the Task Card is printing any time you open/close a Ticket, then your State flow for KDStatus is messed up somehow.

Looking at the Rules/Actions you posted, it appears to be correct, however, I cannot read the Rule Event Names nor the Rule Custom Constraint Names, so I can’t be sure.

Besides that, if you are altering the Order States in other Rules (specifically the KDStatus State), then this could also interfere. Maybe your Food and Beverage Products are interfering with eachother because you have not properly constrained their respective Rules?

2 Likes

Hello QMcKay thx for the answer

the State is updating correctly thats what im not understanding.

Its “BPrinted”
And the Food part is working fine.
???
It maybe has nothing to do with the state? 

So we don’t have to keep guessing start showing us screenshot of your rules and actions so we can find your mistake.

ITS WORKING! :slight_smile:
I deleted the rules and actions for Beverages. And have it set again. Now its working. :slight_smile:

Hey guys,
Wellcome to Reborn of tha Kitchennn Dissplayyy !!
As usualy im done with the tut. But there is nothing at the KD screen

The “Mutfak” Entity Screen is the KD Scren here. I can post all of my settings about tut. But if u guys have time i will post a backup here.

Or lets start with the Food Print Template :

[LAYOUT]
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
++{ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Masa} {ENTITY NAME:MĂŒĆŸteri}
(Id={ORDER NO}-{NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{ORDER KEY}-{ORDER UID})
(Color=#FF333333)
<bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2) : '  ')] {PRODUCT NAME}</bold>
[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas>  <color #FF55FF33><size 17><bold>{PORTION}</bold></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
<color White><bold><size 16><font Consolas>[=('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}</font></size></bold></color>[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas> <color #FF55FF33><size 14><italic>{PORTION}</italic></size></color></font>'] <bold> FREE</bold>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
++{ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Masa} {ENTITY NAME:MĂŒĆŸteri}
(Id={ORDER ID}-{NAME}-{TICKET ID})
(Color=Red)
<bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2) : '  ')] {PRODUCT NAME}</bold>
[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas>  <color #FF55FF33><size 17><bold>{PORTION}</bold></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:VIP Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Happy Hour Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Sides]
<size 14><color #FFFFAA55><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Bread]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Meat]
<size 14><color #FFCCCCFF><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Cheese]
<size 14><color Yellow><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:EXTRA Addons]
<size 14><color #FF55FF55><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Veggies]
<size 14><color #FFCCFFCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Condiments]
<size 14><color #FFFFCCCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP|EXTRA Addons,Sauteed,OTS,Sides]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:EXTRA Addons]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ ADDONS ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:Sauteed]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ SAUTEED ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:OTS]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ ON THE SIDE ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:Sides]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ SIDES ~~~</color></size>

Please do not post databases to public forum if we need to we will ask for it in a private message.

1 Like

OK then, i could delete it but i guess u just handled it. We need to focus to the other side of the picture i guess :slight_smile:

If you go to design mode is there any widgets on screen?

Sure i set them nicely.

But in the template which is just above post there are product group tags like [SORTED ORDER TAGS:Veggies]
It can be about this ?

OK so something in your setup is wrong. Go back through the tutorial and check everything make sure you didn’t spell something wrong for missed case sensitive part.

1 Like

Show a screenshot of a Ticket where the Orders have been submitted. We want to check the KDStatus State of the Orders.

I actually confused at this status point. And there is no status like ur predict :slight_smile:

And i also did something like this its not in tut but i thougt this can be necessary

No that’s not necessary. Show us your rules. And actions. You configured something wrong.

1 Like