Kitchen/Bar Display using Task Printer - separate displays for Food and Drink

It is pretty straightforward and step by step. Just follow the steps… If you want a easy way of just importing a file, then just say “I don’t want to do the tutorial because … (laziness / no time / etc.)” :stuck_out_tongue: but don’t just say it is for learning because it isn’t. The purpose of tutorials is to show you how to do something and customise for your needs, and along the way you can learn something.

Regardless, no “link” to download exists. Just do the tutorial…

1 Like

I starter reading the tutorial again

1 Like

I work 7 days hard to understand the Kitche/Bar screen, you really think any can just send a link with “2 clicks options?”… if you have a specific question and review help context then make a question, just for “personal fun” nothing make you help. work hard because you need know how is working samba to implement.

3 Likes

Who said i am not working hard, do you know the number of days i have been studying sambapos, just to understand it. if u can’t help just don’t post any comment you feel like posting.

@winsoft I dont think he meant it directly like it sounds. It looks to me like he has a language barrier and typically in translation English comes across more blunt than its really meant to be.

If you follow his very detailed tutorial it covers everything you should do step by step. If you get in a spot that is not working then provide us some screenshots and explain what is not working in detail so we can help you.

2 Likes

in V4 I had my kitchen entity screen divided into kitchen departments, like Main Meals, Starters, Desserts, it was an easy setup and all I had to do was create widgets for every department.

I was wondering how you would do this with the Task Printer Kitchen screen setup?

I created a new entity screen called Kitchen Department Display and can make many widgets BUT…

I’m stuck at printer templates and printer jobs…Do I need to create a job and template for every widget? (main meal, starters, desserts)

I have not delved into this much yet but I would think we might have a couple routes for this. First thought is yes you would need to create the jobs and tasks etc if you look how @QMcKay separated drinks you might get an idea, it should be the same principle.

1 Like

How do you divide it like that ?

@stephanhenning I forgot to mention I created a widget setting to filter tasks by a custom field value. So you can store departments as a tasks custom field and setup widget to display related tasks. That will be available by 5.1.61.

By setting up a custom entity screen and adding widgets.

1 Like

Hi. I got a question about this. Can you explain to me what you mean about the Kitchen Orders button INSIDE the order screen?

My assumption is that when I’m in an order and I click on the Kitchen Orders button that I would see all orders that has been printed to the kitchen and that the kitchen is currently handling? Am I understanding it correctly?

One last question! :grinning:

I’m having an issue with voiding an item. I can void without a problem, however, this is what happens on the Kitchen Display:

The item on the order itself still shows as being in the FPrinted status.

Second question is that I add an item, close the ticket. It shows up on the kitchen display. I go back into the order and select the item and select “gift”. The item displays the same on the kitchen display. Is that correct?

This thread is over a month old. I really have forgotten what you are referring too.

LOL.Sorry man! :grinning:

Another user asked about the Kitchen Order button at the bottom on the orders screen. When they pressed it nothing happened. I’m having the same issue after following the tutorial and I’ve had to go through it twice for another reason so I did double check things but I could be missing something.

I’m trying to understand WHAT it is that is suppose to show when the Kitchen Orders button is pressed on the order screen.

Which kitchen orders button? Can you show a screenshot?

The buttons under Settle, Credit Card and Close.

Instead of the one button as per the tutorial I did two for two different sections. The Kitchen Orders is obviously just that. The Drink Orders goes to a different section.

Those buttons are set to navigate to the Kitchen Orders screen. You cannot Navigate when you are within an open Ticket. You must close the Ticket first.

This is specific to the Task Identifier. In your Task Printer Template, what are you using for the “Id” line?

(Id={NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{ORDER UID})

This is normal.

• When you invoke the (Cancel) Void command button, the Order state is set to FNotPrinted.

• Then when you close the Ticket (Ticket Closing event), any orders having a state of FNotPrinted will be updated to FPrinting.

• This in turn invokes another Rule (Order State Updated event). Within that Rule, the Orders having a state of FPrinting are Printed, which “overwrites” the previous (non-voided) Order and then immediately sets the Order state back to FPrinted.

The reason you might see 2 orders on different cards when Voiding or Cancelling a Void is due to the Task Identifier. It must be unique to the Order, which is why you should use {ORDER UID} as part of the Id.

Yes. Kitchen Display does not care if it is a Gift or not. The order still needs to be prepared, correct?

1 Like

That is what I’m wanting clarification on. Thanks a million!

The order that you see on that screen has already been placed. No changes has been made it. I clicked on the table, it reopened the order so that I could show you where the buttons were.

Now, from what I’m understanding what you’re saying is that IF I was placing a NEW order and tried to click the Kitchen Orders button it would not work. BUT in this instance where the order has already been placed and was re-entered into, it should work? Am I understanding this correct?

Otherwise, if the answer is no to both options. How else would I see those buttons unless I was in an order? I’m a bit confused by that since I am forced to select a table right now to place an order. I’m sure I’m missing something somewhere. :grin:

Thanks man!

I have this for my Kitchen Printer Display template (as per the tutorial):

(Id={ORDER NO}-{NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{ORDER KEY}-{ORDER UID})

I’ll change it to what you gave me now.

1 Like

No. You cannot have the Ticket on display at all. This what we mean when we say “within a Ticket” or “having a Ticket open”. No matter if the ticket has been submitted and then closed, when you bring it back up for display, this means “open ticket”.

Those buttons are there for “convenience”. In my personal setup, they are not there. Instead, I have a Tile on the Nav Screen that opens the Kitchen Order screen.

If you are forced to select a table, then you either need to consider turning that off (Ticket Creation Mode in Settings > Departments, do not use “Select Entity”) , or make an automation command for the Nav Screen, and use that to bring up your display.

2 Likes