Kitchen Display Setup

Hi pizzaeilat4, thanks for the quick reply.
Great will try this. only how do I export or import the KitchenV2_Full.bak
Let me look of I can use SQL Server 2014 Import / Export tool for this.
Peter

No.sorry this is not An database tools export file
This is a backup full database to demonstrate how it’s working
I will upload shortly an export file for you.
You can install it using database tools module.
You need to install this module from sambamarket.

1 Like

Thanks, really appreciated,
I hope I can change our existing POS system (Made in Vietnam) and full of bugs soon for SambaPOS
waiting on your export file and instructions.

Here is the file i found it above on this topic
http://forum.sambapos.com/uploads/default/original/3X/e/5/e594ef156309a95fa7bb2b87741af4a163f9626f.zip

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the great help. The tool works perfect and worth the money. Now I can move on.
All imported and working.
Just one question, can I extend the Kitchen screen on a second screen connected to the computer.
Peter

Here is a much simpler tutorial for basic kitchen display. Since you are new I recommend following this and setting it up via the tutorial instead of downloading a file. This will get you familiar with the software and how it works.

3 Likes

Hi, I think this is one of the basic versions.
I have imported the Upgrade file KitchenDisplayUpdate but no change.
If I open a table, the colour is not changing of the table Status: Unpaid#Current Status = New Order (to the orange colour)
The button Print Bill and Add Ticked is faded out.
I have just received the link for the " tutorial for basic kitchen display" not sure to roll back to the basic version and then start with the manual, or of there is a version that does work.

Hi Kendash, thanks for the info, will go true this to learn more how it works.

Hi Kendash, Thanks for pointing out the Manual. I have started from scrap and learned some mistakes. This morning a new go and within 2 Hour I had the system up and running as I liked.
I will defiantly go on further developing and experimenting.
Thanks.
Peter

Hi Kendash, can you help me out, I try to get the timer running if a new order / Ticket is made.
I use {ORDER STATE MINUTES:KStatus} in the Ticket lister, but all tickets show the same time.
have tried all what I could find in the posts but possible I oversee something. Help appreciated.

Hi Kendash,
i have my timers working in the Kitchen display.
{NAME}|’{TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status} MIN

Also try to add customer on the ticket, but each item ordered repeat the name.
[{ENTITY NAME:Customer}]

Can I modify this that the name is only shown once?

Still like to implement the Appetizer / Dinner / Dessert in the Kitchen Display.
Any hint were to look for the manual or code.

O yes and forgot one thing, if the order is 2x Onion Soup, the display only Onion Soup but not the amount. Help is appreciated.

Can you show the template your using for it? Copy and paste it here then highlight it and press the </> button.

It looks like you have the syntax in wrong location probably under [ORDERS] but would need to see it to be sure.

[Table - {ENTITY NAME:Table}]
{ORDERS}
[ORDERS]
{NAME}|’{TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status} MIN

Take out from under [ORDERS] instead do it like this:

[Table - {ENTITY NAME:Table}]
{ORDERS}
[ORDERS]
{NAME}|'{TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status} MIN
1 Like

Hi Kendash, thanks the name issue is resolved, but I still have not the order amount.
Like in the screenshot below 1 x Bacon (2 x cola)
Appreciate if you can help me out so we can out the system in trial mode.

Try this:

[ORDERS]
{QUANTITY} x {NAME}|'{TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status} MIN

Are you really in trial mode?

Hi kendash, thanks. get now a blank screen but that’s something I can possible work out.

Yes I have 2 systems running one for our Restaurant and one for our Sublet opening next week
The restaurant has the following with the following configuration and is running parallel with our old system to get the bugs out;
Windows 8.1 Pro. SQL Server 2014 RDP connection.
Cashier screen
Waiter Screen
Bar Screen
Kitchen Screen
2 Android tablet with RDP installed.
Ticket Printer
Cash drawer (future)

For our Outlet: (still working on this)
Old Laptop upgraded to 8.1 Pro. SQL 2014 server
1 Android Tablet with RDP installed.
Ticket printer and Cash drawer will arrive tomorrow.

Hi kendash, working, is there a Manual were this coding are mentioned? like { [ etc.
There was a small issue with the Brackets: [{ENTITY NAME:Customer}] removed and working.

Table - {ENTITY NAME:Table}]
{ENTITY NAME:Customer}
{ORDERS}
[ORDERS]
{QUANTITY} x {NAME}|’{TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status} MIN

If using brackets try using formatting like

<J00>[{ENTITY NAME:Customer}]

The [ORDERS] is a template area… anything below it is the template for what goes where {ORDERS} is placed.

If you bracket something other than the template areas… it will only display something if it has value. This is mostly for numbers. Example {CHANGE TOTAL} might show 0.00 if no change but <J00>[{CHANGE TOTAL}] would show nothing if no change.