Kitchen Display Setup

Hi John,

Forgive my ignorance here, does this mean that we are actually replacing our existing database?.

Or did you mean that this modification to the “connection string” is to be done only on the PC in the kitchen. If this should be the case how does the Kitchen database interact with the “Main” sambapos database that I have on the “Pos Server”

Again apologies if this is too trivial a question. Thank you in advance

The Kitchen Display setup is a replacement database. There is no way to merge databases.

still not working. but i have found a workaround. I moved my existing database out (sambapos4) in the directory and changed your Database name to ‘sambapos4’ and that works.

few thing to suggest, i am beginner for samba so still learning the automation part (rules etc) which i found the hardest to grab.

anyway, i tested your database (removed printers setting) and it works great.

there’s few thing that i not sure whether it’s possible

1. the time on receipt showed on kitchen entity, it updated when i refresh it so i can’t track the age of the receipt
    2)on original pos to show the table screen, it will not update itself after the kitchen screen pressed order ready so basically you need a physical hint or refreshing the screen by yourself at interval time… is there a way to set auto refresh on table entity screen every 5 sec or something?

thanks

If the tables are not updating in real time, then you do not have SambaPOS Message Server running.

i see no wonder…will figure out how to get this running

this helped me to start the service

next thing is how do i fixed the time on the ticket under kitchen entity?

you need to edit the Kitchen Screen, and add {TIME} to the template in settings.

why there’s no response when i right click and choose all properties/settings/delete under kitchen screen?
no worries, finally find a way…need to left click outside the white border(which not working sometime, alternatively use the keyboard right click button) and enter design mode.

by the way you did include {TIME} already in the template. the issue is it get updated when the message server came in to current time

no worry, sorted use {LAST ORDER TIME}

Dear @JohnS, I followed the instructions to isntall the kitchen display example, but I get the horrible “CHECK DATABASE VERSION” error…

I am using 4.1.21

could you help me out please?

THANKS!!!

G.

if u see previous comment, u need to download and use 4.1.17 version to run the database first then reinstall back ur current version

Just reinstall 4.1.21 to upgrade the database.
There is no need to roll back.

1 Like

Thanks!!! Reinstalling did the trick!!!

Silly question, is it possible for you to create a SAMBAPOS MARKET Add-on for this kitchen display? That would be AWESOME for a lot of people!!!

G.

2 Likes

It’s not possible to merge in Rules & Actions without the risk breaking an existing setup.

OOOO, bad luck, jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajjaja
I will try to implement this in my setup, since it is REALLY NICE and woulb give it great use.

Question… is there any tuto about widgets? I was trying to use ENTITY GRID, but the only thing it get is a line of dots…

THANKS!!!

G.

@JohnS, point me to right direction…
I have tried to configure manually as a test run before configuring it onto my live setup,
the issue I’m having is that kitchen tickets is not displayed under kitchen screen

Thanks…

@morshed1, can you please post a screen shot of one of the tickets for an orange table.

any chance to combine the customer ticket screen with the kitchen?

or may have the unread count on the tab would be great also

Why would you want to combine Customer Tickets and Kitchen screen, the kitchen screen shows all tickets to be prepared. Combining Tables and Customers or another screen for Ready orders would be more helpful I think.

Why would you need an Unread Count?

i am planning to have one tablet in kitchen which always show the kitchen screen.
if there’s some take away, i need some signal to our chef either by unread count on top of the customer ticket or just combined it with the kitchen entity to be in queue.

yea would be good if can combining tables and customers on another screen for ready orders as well would be great

All orders either for a table or customer will show in the Kitchen Screen.

I’ll have to check if no customer or table is selected what will happen.

1 Like