Kitchen Display Setup

Can you show the template your using for it? Copy and paste it here then highlight it and press the </> button.

It looks like you have the syntax in wrong location probably under [ORDERS] but would need to see it to be sure.

[Table - {ENTITY NAME:Table}]
{ORDERS}
[ORDERS]
{NAME}|ā€™{TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status} MIN
[{ENTITY NAME:Customer}]

Take out from under [ORDERS] instead do it like this:

[Table - {ENTITY NAME:Table}]
[{ENTITY NAME:Customer}]
{ORDERS}
[ORDERS]
{NAME}|'{TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status} MIN
1 Like

Hi Kendash, thanks the name issue is resolved, but I still have not the order amount.
Like in the screenshot below 1 x Bacon (2 x cola)
Appreciate if you can help me out so we can out the system in trial mode.

Try this:

[ORDERS]
{QUANTITY} x {NAME}|'{TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status} MIN

Are you really in trial mode?

Hi kendash, thanks. get now a blank screen but thatā€™s something I can possible work out.

Yes I have 2 systems running one for our Restaurant and one for our Sublet opening next week
The restaurant has the following with the following configuration and is running parallel with our old system to get the bugs out;
Windows 8.1 Pro. SQL Server 2014 RDP connection.
Cashier screen
Waiter Screen
Bar Screen
Kitchen Screen
2 Android tablet with RDP installed.
Ticket Printer
Cash drawer (future)

For our Outlet: (still working on this)
Old Laptop upgraded to 8.1 Pro. SQL 2014 server
1 Android Tablet with RDP installed.
Ticket printer and Cash drawer will arrive tomorrow.

Hi kendash, working, is there a Manual were this coding are mentioned? like { [ etc.
There was a small issue with the Brackets: [{ENTITY NAME:Customer}] removed and working.

Table - {ENTITY NAME:Table}]
{ENTITY NAME:Customer}
{ORDERS}
[ORDERS]
{QUANTITY} x {NAME}|ā€™{TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status} MIN

If using brackets try using formatting like

<J00>[{ENTITY NAME:Customer}]

The [ORDERS] is a template areaā€¦ anything below it is the template for what goes where {ORDERS} is placed.

If you bracket something other than the template areasā€¦ it will only display something if it has value. This is mostly for numbers. Example {CHANGE TOTAL} might show 0.00 if no change but <J00>[{CHANGE TOTAL}] would show nothing if no change.

When I asked about Trial mode I meant in SambaPOS there is an actually Trial Install and it uses a Text File to hold temporary settingsā€¦ hopefully your not using that mode.

Hi Kendash, I have it working for the moment, so we can continue the trial.
Iā€™m working now to finalized our second POS system.
Once the 2 Systems are up and running I will start with a 3 system to learn the programming part if it.
With different floors and tables. I did see the video.
Hope V5 is soon out if I read the forum should be great.

No With Trial mode I mean that the SambaPOS system is Operating parallel on our old system, so waiters, cashier, and bartender do a double function for now, to get any bugs out.

1 Like

Hi guys, quick question. My kitchen timer resets every time the order is modified in any way. It really should continue to count, but it doesnā€™t. Have I setup something incorrectly?

Thank you

[LAYOUT]
[{ENTITY NAME:Table}] | [{ENTITY NAME:Customer}] |Time:{LAST ORDER TIME} | Wait Time: {TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status}
-
[NOTE:{NOTE}
-]
{ORDERS}
-
[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT GROUP]

[ORDERS GROUP:001 Desserts & Cakes]

-
DESSERTS & CAKES

[ORDERS GROUP:01 Beverages]
DRINKS

[ORDERS GROUP:02 Sharing]

-
SHARING

[ORDERS GROUP:03 Entree]

-
ENTREE

[ORDERS GROUP:04 Breakfast]

-
BREAKFAST

[ORDERS GROUP:05 Pasta]

-
SALAD

[ORDERS GROUP:06 Salad]

-
PIZZA

[ORDERS GROUP:07 Kids]

-
KIDS MEALS

[ORDERS GROUP:08 Mains]

-
MAINS

[ORDERS GROUP:09 Hot Rocks]

-
HOT ROCKS

[ORDERS]
{QUANTITY} X {NAME}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
-{QUANTITY} {NAME}|VOIDED
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
^^^^{ORDER TAG NAME}^^^^

[LAYOUT]
-
[{ENTITY NAME:Table}][{ENTITY NAME:Customer}]|Wait Time Minutes: {TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status}

that is a timer that looks at Time since state change. If you modify that state it resets.

Hi kendash, am I missing something? Is there another way to keep the timer running?

Thank you

create a specific state for timer and it would not be modified the same way as built in states. Study states and look at the rule events for how they are used

Do you know if there are any instructions on this forum on how I can do this?

Thank you

Hi guys, is it possible to have the description which shows up on the kitchen display, different to each button name / product name?

What do you mean by description?

Currently whatever I have named the button, shows on the kitchen display.
For example, if the button is called "Fish & Chips + Salad. The kitchen display shows ā€œFish & Chips + Saladā€.

The problem is, we have buttons with a lot of text, just so we can have the right description on the kitchen display.

What Iā€™m aiming for is a button which could say ā€œFish & Chipsā€ and the kitchen display to show:

Fish & Chips

• 5 x Fish Fillets
  • 15g Salad
  • 30g Chips

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you

1 Like

Can you show some screenshots?