Create this actions and rules ;

First create a Ticket Tag

Then add an action

and

Then add these rules

Last step, edit your default Print Bill rule and add Custom Constraint Line

And try reprint the any ticket …

2 Likes

Thank you for your time, I have really followed what you have done, it seems to work but let me ask you something about the last rule, that is the default print bill rule.
By any chance, am I supposed to edit the actions called by the rule, you haven’t indicated how the new constraint will affect the initial actions!

hi sir,can you kindly demonstrate this,i will really appreciate

No any other changes, just add the relevant line.

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t employ someone I knew was on the scam but each to their own I guess.

Thank you all for your much needed support this have really worked for me serhatoglu. The only difference is my set up is not displaying that final message on the screen however am capable of restricting the waiters from printing the bills at will,i guess this will also save us on the cost of buying thermal paper rolls

Try to change execute rule if: Match All

1 Like

Thank-you team for this tutorial, I have followed this tutorial to the detail however and am particularly concerned when the waiters want to add more items on a previous (Submitted)printed bill
Waiters have a way to reprint the same bill. Initially, when the waiters print the bill, the print bill button “grey out” meaning for you to use it again you have to unlock the ticket. So I disabled unlock the ticket button. What happens is the waiter will add an item on the said ticket and cancel the same item before submitting, this makes the print bill button to appear highlighted hence he can now reprint the same bill.
Please let know-how to restrict adding of items on submitted bills

Check user roles, beleive this is permitted by can unlock ticket permission.

Thank JTRTech this is what i wanted

Hi all, it’s like I have gotten this function right, kindly someone illustrates it to me clearly.
I just need to limit the number of times the waiters can print the bill. The bill should only be printed once.
However like I said previously my waiters are crafty and they know how to circumvent the events so that they can print the bill twice
One thing they used to do was to add an order to a previous posted bill and then cancel the same order thus making the print bill function activated.
They could also use (-/+) to add an order on aticket then cancel the same before they post,thus activating the print bill function

Setting a ticket state or tag or similar on print and constraining automation on that state or tag would limit seperatly to default lock function.

Just make it lock the ticket and take away their ability to unlock a ticket in role permissions.

I have already set up a ticket tag showing the ticket has already been printed and mapped it to all terminals
i have also setup automation command print bill enabled state to allow only New orders and have disabled Unpaid and Is closed states

Basically i want the waiters to print the bill only once,incase they need a copy they should liaise with manager who can has the right to reprint the bill

all this is done,i will figure out how the waiters are doing it then i will respond .Must be i have some crafty waiters

Likely they have the managers number.

yes it was one waiter that was capable to clone the managers roles and created himself as an admin,how can i control this not to happen in future.

Do not let that waiter have permission to add users. And make sure they dont get access to managers login. Unfortunately we can not automation something to stop people from getting Managers numbers. Its up to you to prevent that.

Have a look at ticket logging:

you can add that action to the unlock ticket rule, print bill rule, etc.

IIRC correctly, 5.3.4 added the ability to log automation commands executed that have admin pin required.

This is a prime example of using simple rfid fobs, users cannot look over managers shoulder or his pin.

1 Like