metriK data wrong

Hi everyone!

So… I made a migration and move the database from one computer to another. Previously it was a LocalDB and now is SQL Server Express 2017.

Since then my client has reported that all the daily, weekly and monthly metriK data is completely wrong and doesn’t match real numbers that you can find in the reports.

Can anyone give me some advice to how to solve this?

When is your client closing WP? Can you provide screenshots showing the discrepancy?

Did you open a fresh DB or copy from other SambaPOS ?

Ill upload screenshots today. Couldnt do it yesterday.

I migrated already existing database from one computer to a different computer and used SQL Express 2017 instead of LocalDB

This is time filtered from 01 Feb to 28 Feb.

This is an actual numbers from the report.

Show the report syntax for that report. It could be something to do with that.

Give me an hour to go back down there so I can send you the syntax. As far as I know its a default Work Period Syntax.

@Jesse

Here it is:

[Sales:1, 1]
{REPORT TICKET TYPES:!PreOrder && TotalAmount >= 0}

[Pre Orders:1, 1]
{REPORT TICKET TYPES:PreOrder && TotalAmount >= 0}

[Refunds:1, 1]
{REPORT TICKET TYPES:TotalAmount < 0}

[Payments:2, 1, 2]
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:Payment.Amount > 0}
>Total|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.Sum:Payment.Amount > 0}

[Refund Payments:2, 1, 2]
{REPORT REFUND PAYMENTS}

[Ticket Details:2, 1, 2]
>>Ticket Counts
@!{TICKET TYPE LIST}
$1|{REPORT TICKET COUNT:(TY=$1)}|{REPORT TICKET TOTAL:(TY=$1)}
Total|{REPORT TICKET COUNT}|{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}
Amount per Ticket||[=F(TN('{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}')/TN('{REPORT TICKET COUNT}'))]
>>Order Counts
@!{TICKET TYPE LIST}
$1|{REPORT ORDER COUNT:(TY=$1)}|{REPORT ORDER TOTAL:(TY=$1)}
Total|{REPORT ORDER COUNT: }|{REPORT ORDER TOTAL: }
Orders per Ticket||[=F(TN('{REPORT ORDER COUNT: }')/TN('{REPORT TICKET COUNT: }'))]
Amount per Order||[=F(TN('{REPORT ORDER TOTAL: }')/TN('{REPORT ORDER COUNT: }'))]
>>Ticket Counts per State
{REPORT TICKET STATES}
>>Order Counts per State
{REPORT ORDER STATES}

[Ticket Tags:1, 1, 1]
{REPORT TICKET TAGS}

[Payment Details:2, 1, 2]
@{TICKET TYPE LIST}
@{TAX TYPE LIST}
>$1
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:(TY=$1)}
{REPORT CALCULATION DETAILS:C.Name,C.X,C.CalculationAmount.Sum:(TY=$1)}
$2||{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:TX.$2.Sum:(TY=$1)}

[User Sales:1, 1] 
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.User,O.ExactTotal.Sum}
@{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.User,P.Amount.Sum::{0}:,} 
[Settled by $1:1, 1, 1] 
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:(PU=$1)} 
>Total Income|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.Sum:(PU=$1)}

[Item Sales:2, 1, 2]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.ExactTotal.Percent,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True)}
Total||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True)}

Not sure that template matches the receipt you’ve shown but if you’re including pre order tickets that could be why, as they are not paid when pre order they shownon reports once they are closed and paid

That template is fine. Is it still not showing correct data for the latest day?

Can we see the entire report? Looks like its a difference of 41.19 it would help if we can see the rest of the report.

Its the same template printed from Reports section. I (and if there are others with same issue) literally get nothing out of misleading anyone here…
Also there is no Pre-Orders in that database. It doesnt show on the report because there arent any. Also, this setup doesnt contain any Change Ticket Properties actions of any kind.

Nope, I didnt post all the pictures but I checked it out day by day, week by week, random date ranges it still shows wrong values. If nothing at least my client is patient, this is frustrating as it is already.

Ill get those photos tomorrow and post different date ranges and days so you can see full reports and different combinations.

It probably has to do with you migrating the database but I want to be sure. The # that it is off by is suspicious of something else.

It crossed my mind too, but it shouldnt do that. We recreated the QR code and scanned it again after we migrated. It took some time to populate all the info but since then, all the data is wrong.

But even if thats the case, how do I fix it? Lets check the reports first tomorrow and see if we can spot a common denominator.

It may not be Metrik that is wrong.

Plase check it today again. I’m waiting.

@Posflow any update on this for us?

I am still on it. For some reason he cant access his metriK at the moment but I got all the different date range reports from the POS.

So… Bear with me…

@Jesse

So here it is.

This is everything in February. As you can see both payments and sales are a miss match. Payments are not that far off but sales are completely off.

Then first week of February. Payments are correct. For some unknown reason this is the only part where everything is on point.
forum%201st%20week%20of%20feb

Next from 1st to 21st of February.
forum%203%20weeks%20of%20feb

And at the end this is for yesterday. on 3th of March.
Yesterday%20forum

Does he close work periods across midnight?