Neew urgent help with printer

yes these days everything comes for china specially in part of the world (pakistan)

Any of these look familier;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POS-Thermal-Dot-Receipt-Printer-300mm-s-80mm-AUTO-CUT-USB-Ethernet-Serial-Port-/152003567491?hash=item23641e5f83:g:NtAAAOSwu1VW2USj

Have purchased from the second listing a couple of times.

If they have not come out of the same factory i would be very suprised…
With the same drivers…
Did the drivers come of a blue and white/purple small size cd by chance?

Nothing wrong with that. I just recently bought 2 cheapo printers they work great. Hopefully you didnt pay too much for that printer because you can find it dirt cheap with no brand name.

1 Like

@nido sorry dont mean to bug you but did updating drivers solve it?

i have updated the driver but problem still there can u plz guide me html setting how can i use bold font if i use html setting

You can get some ideas here:

HTML is not a SambaPOS feature you can find lots of HTML guides on google.

I dont under stand if this printer work good on html option then why its not working on ticket printer option

Its probably driver related…I mean SambaPOS doesn’t do anything special it lets windows power the printing. This is also a common issue with cheap Chinese printers… their drivers are not very consistent sometimes. You could try contacting that company see what they say… but likely they are just sourcing the printer and will not be able to offer any help.

Show us your FULL printer template just to be sure we didnt miss anything.

{QUANTITY} {NAME} {ITEM TAG:tag its seems to me some kind of css code what i under stand here is i can make a html & css template file if this can heppen how can i connect that fil with samaba pos

It does not support the use of a CSS file. Everything must be inline. All HTML must be inside the template.

Or try install generic text printer driver. Turn off printer 20 sec and turn on.

Open Notepad and type few lines of text and print to generic text printer.

This will rule out SambaPOS.

1 Like

i did this before but not with generic text printer option and i write some on note pad and click print and printer behave same means printer start throughing paper continuously

Yeah thats because your printer drivers are doing that…Really your only bet for that would be to call them and complain its not working… but i have feeling they wont help you.

Just to cover all bases… does your printer have jump switches? If so show what they are set at.

that printer template

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<T>Ticket
<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
{ENTITIES}
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<F>-
{ORDERS}
<F>=
<EB>
{DISCOUNTS}
[<J10>Total Gift:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
{SERVICES}
<J10>Total:|{TICKET TOTAL}
{PAYMENTS}
<DB>
<F>=
<C10>T H A N K   Y O U

[DISCOUNTS]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[SERVICES]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[PAYMENTS]
<J00>{PAYMENT NAME}|{PAYMENT AMOUNT}

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**GIFT**
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
-- Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<J00> * {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<J00>Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

Printer template looks fine we can check that off list of possible suspects. Drivers is the top suspect.

jump switches means?

ok i get that im useing network cable to connect printer with my system

The dip switches likely wouldnt mean anything… I simply was eliminating all possible issues. I am 99% sure the reason it is not working is a Windows Driver issue.

can u plz guide me withe screen shot how can i change font size if i use html printering option
i took your lot of time sorry about that. i found you a very help full person and thanks for that

It uses standard HTML tags… here is a good place to start:

http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

You can also search forum lots of people have shown examples. I already posted one link to a forum discussion that shows multiple examples of a HTML printer template.