Neew urgent help with printer

If nothing else try changing to ‘Generic Text Printer’ driver. I have used this many times in a pintch when cant find drivers for a perticular printer. Has worked exactly the same as otherwise expected on all printers I have used it with.

1 Like

Well it seems his printer is a generic printer but it actually has drivers for that brand… updated drivers even. I am willing to bet updating them might fix his issue.

Those drivers seem very familier, POS80 10.xxxxx is exactly the same as what I installed with my last set of cheepy chinese printers.

1 Like

Yeah I downloaded a set to test myself :stuck_out_tongue: My generic printer uses that same POS80 name as well and the settings are almost identical. The printer looks an awful lot like the cheap Chinese knockoffs too.

Yep, exact same case and port ordering and control panel etc, these epson clones to be fair have served me well, used maybe 15 over varius places and always done the job.
Pay arround £65-70 for a fast usb. com and networked printer… cant really complain myself.

Its not a cheep Chinese printer

It may not be sold like one… it certainly probably is manufactured by the same plant on the same line and a company sources them from there and puts their brand on it and sells it. Anyway the drivers look familiar and so does the printer.

But have you tried updated drivers yet?

While it might not have been cheep I can almost guarantee it is from china, what isnt these days

2 Likes

yes these days everything comes for china specially in part of the world (pakistan)

Any of these look familier;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POS-Thermal-Dot-Receipt-Printer-300mm-s-80mm-AUTO-CUT-USB-Ethernet-Serial-Port-/152003567491?hash=item23641e5f83:g:NtAAAOSwu1VW2USj

Have purchased from the second listing a couple of times.

If they have not come out of the same factory i would be very suprised…
With the same drivers…
Did the drivers come of a blue and white/purple small size cd by chance?

Nothing wrong with that. I just recently bought 2 cheapo printers they work great. Hopefully you didnt pay too much for that printer because you can find it dirt cheap with no brand name.

1 Like

@nido sorry dont mean to bug you but did updating drivers solve it?

i have updated the driver but problem still there can u plz guide me html setting how can i use bold font if i use html setting

You can get some ideas here:

HTML is not a SambaPOS feature you can find lots of HTML guides on google.

I dont under stand if this printer work good on html option then why its not working on ticket printer option

Its probably driver related…I mean SambaPOS doesn’t do anything special it lets windows power the printing. This is also a common issue with cheap Chinese printers… their drivers are not very consistent sometimes. You could try contacting that company see what they say… but likely they are just sourcing the printer and will not be able to offer any help.

Show us your FULL printer template just to be sure we didnt miss anything.

{QUANTITY} {NAME} {ITEM TAG:tag its seems to me some kind of css code what i under stand here is i can make a html & css template file if this can heppen how can i connect that fil with samaba pos

It does not support the use of a CSS file. Everything must be inline. All HTML must be inside the template.

Or try install generic text printer driver. Turn off printer 20 sec and turn on.

Open Notepad and type few lines of text and print to generic text printer.

This will rule out SambaPOS.

1 Like

i did this before but not with generic text printer option and i write some on note pad and click print and printer behave same means printer start throughing paper continuously