[New 4.1.37] Ask Question Action

he wants YES/NO question.

They still need to ring in the till anyway, and most people using kitchen printers when kitchen is close is stock control, it doesnt get cooked unless it goes in the till.
Also helps kitchen when handwriting is not consistent.

Thats fair enough and it is doable, if its just to make printing optional I would perosnally look at making food/bar orders seperate buttons, that way he cant say you didnt give him the option of saving every 0.1p :stuck_out_tongue:
Print: (NONE) , (ALL) , (BAR ONLY) , (KITCHEN ONLY)

Anyway if you only want to make printing optional leave the ticket closing rule state actions as they are just swap the print actions into a seperate rule and replace with the ask question.

Might be an issue is the state change actions fire without waiting for the ask question as then the actions will be looking for new state which has already been changed to submitted.
However if you put the actions in the automation command rule for the PRINT=Yes button the states wouldnt be changed if you clicked no so might have to make two automation command rule or an alternative way to amend the ticket and order states on close.

Another note would be that doing that will show the ask question EVERY TIME you close the ticket. Depening on your workflow (if you run allot of table entity tabs) and go in and out of tickets will get teadious very quickly.

My ‘There are new kitchen orders’ ask question had constraints to check for new orders so if you just opened to check a bill then closed it wouldnt prompt, although that was in V5 so the constraint tags may not be available in V4 but not sure off the top of my head.

2 Likes

OK, I seen this a few times time. The main point is Ticket closing rule will call Exec Kitchen printer action which will print Order State New to the kitchen. So, we change New to Submitted before it get to Ticket Closing Rule

Very Easy step by step:

Create 2 Rules, Yes 2 rules that is it if you already have Ask Question action

1 Print Kitchen Order Ask. VERY IMPORTANT!!! This rule has to be on the top of default Ticket Closing Rule (by default it does if you click add new rule).

2 Print Kitchen Order Apply

3 Likes

Nice :slight_smile: rather than move the print actions mark the orders as submitted before the normal print action picks them up as new. Good thinking, like it.

Thank you. Now it’s working. :smile:

Only 2 rules and it’s fine,

It worked to the test machine, I had the Notepad printer (from samba). Now at the restaurant, I just tested it and when I click NO, it still prints, I don’t understand why, because the test machines has the same setups, DB, it’s a copy from the server(restaurant). Can you advise me where to look exactly, because I tried and no luck…thx

Did you restore the database from the test system, or did you edit SambaPOS on the life system.
If edit on the life system, possible a TYPO
Check your Automation commands

2 Likes

I AM BLIND. :)). thx for that, it was created in a rush…

1 Like

No problem, we all no that we make typo’s

2 Likes

Sorry to botter you Joe I was following this tutorial… [New 4.1.37] Ask Question Action but im stuck here. Hope you can give me a hand thank you have a great day

Pretty self explanitory.
Automation Command Executed rule is triggered by command name.
Command value is a secondary value you can use for additional functions.

I tried adding one more constraint
but cant make it work.

Without fully knowng what your doing cant say for sure but why do you have command value constraint?

just following what you suggested here jj

OK, so show the ask question action.

1 Like

You need to set automation command name in the ask question action.
This changed in v5 vs v4. There was a bug in v4 which triggered rule on command value without command name.

I see…
automation command name in the ask question = done
The question display correctly but when I click the no button it prints

Your probably catching the default print bill rule.
Remove the mapping for that print rule and test. If it still prints that will be the case.
Check your other automation command for the default print bill rule if that rule isnt it.
If you already have a print bill command rule (the defalt one) you could just remove this new one and add a constraint to the origional rule for command value not equals No, that way default print button (with no command value) will print, and the ask question command will print for yes but not for no.