[New 4.1.52] Custom Report Viewer Widget

When i add the customer report viewer widget, setting or properties remain de-active but when i select custom keyboard widget setting and properties become active.What could be the issue

The issue is that i am able to edit custom viewer widget,so kindly demonstrate how its done

1. Enter design mode on your entity screen (right click and select design mode)
  2. Add a custom report viewer widget (right click, select add widget and select custom report viewer as below
  3. This will add a blank report viewer widget
  4. Left click the widget to select it, youll see it has a hashed box around it
  5. Right click on the hashed box around the edge to open the menu as below and click settings
  6. Enter the name of the report you want to display in the widget in the report name field, mine is called Cash Lift Report
  7. Right click in a blank space on the entity screen and click Design Mode again to exit design mode
  8. If your report already has data on it it will be displayed
2 Likes

Thankyou i have really appreciated

1 Like

Hi all?i just wanted to know if anyone has been able to include the date filters on the custom report widget to dispayed on the entity screen as illustrated above.I will appreciate if someone can illustrate how i can achieve that.
I know QMCKay had inquired on the same on the post above,i am not sure whether he was able to get the right solution

There is an Action for Refresh Custom Report Widget which allows for parameters to change the content of the Report.

You can have Text Editor Widgets on the screen for accepting start/end dates (or whatever else you need) and use those values as input/filters for the Report Widget. Then you have something like an Automation Command Button on the screen to trigger a Rule to read the text editors, and refresh the Report.

Both my Payroll Screen and Account Statements screens have such mechanisms.

Thankyou QMCKay for your kind response , i am trying to follow your tutorial which you had referred me to follow but i must admit i have a lot of challenges in fully implementing this.Especially on creation of automation command button on screen to trigger a rule …I know how to create the automation buttons but am wondering what is the content its supposed to display,if you can demonstrate to me i will really appreciate

Hi all, i have managed to map my reports on entity screen.I wanted to restrict the users on accessing the Navigation screen,i also wanted the users to view the reports as per their departments.That is only restaurant till can view what has been sold on restaurant and the bar till to view what has been sold on the bar.
The issue i am having is filtering the reports with the dates,i believe their is a way to do this. some people argued that the date filters cannot be included on the entity screen but i still believe their is a way-out
I am trying to follow QMCKay suggestion here
but am somehow not grasping the whole concept

So can some one kindly illustrate to customise the text editors on the entity screen and creating automation command buttons.
I will also welcome any other divergent idea to accomplish this.
Regards

Yes you can use an editor widget and the action he mentioned. If I get time I’ll sit down and show you. I’m fairly sure I have demonstrated this on the forum… It may have been in the beta category though.

i will really appreaciate kendash, please demostrate how to achieve this when you have time

hi thanks for your immense contribution on this forum, am forever grateful by your contribution. I have learnt a lot through your tutorials and of course all other great people in this forum.
I am unable to create automation command and date filters on my custom entity report, a major reason being the parameters required while creating the Actions and the Rules.
If you have time kindly demostrate how we can achieve this.

I have tried to follow QMCKay tutorial but somehow i am missing the point,i have also searched other tutorials here but they aren’t elaborate enough.
regards

Editor Widget

Here is an Editor Widget on an Entity Screen (from Account Statement Tutorial) …

Things to note:

• Command Name : the Name of an Automation Command that will be triggered when the editor content is modified

• Refreshing Widgets : a list of Widget Names that will be refreshed when the editor content is modified

• Local Setting Name : the Name of a Local (in-memory) Program Setting which will contain the value of the editor. In this case, you can access the editor value with {SETTING:ASDF} (this is how we read Program Settings)

The Account Statement Tutorial only uses a single Editor Widget to be used for the Start Date. If you want to control the End Date, then add another Widget, and use a different value for Local Setting Name. For example, let’s say we want a Widget for Start and a Widget for End… use Local Setting Names like:

DFbeg
DFend

Refresh Custom Report Widget action

We have this cool Action called Refresh Custom Report Widget. This will allow us to change the Start/End Date (and other things like Report Parameters, etc) for a Report that is embedded in a Custom Report Viewer Widget on an Entity Screen …

Example (Workperiod Report)

Let’s do a concrete example using something simple like the Workperiod Report.

Create an Entity Screen (Layout or Custom View Mode), and a button to Navigate to that Entity Screen, then put these Widgets on the Entity Screen:

• Custom Report Reviewer Widget
  • Editor Widget for Start Date
  • Editor Widget for End Date

… TBC, please wait …

1 Like

Very sorry I don’t have much time. The restaurant sales this time of year skyrocket and I’ve been working 72hours a week trying to keep up.

1 Like

thankyou kendash i will humbly wait, keep-up with good work

Meh, I cannot get it to work properly with the default Reports. The Report is refreshing as expected, but it is ignoring the Date Filter for some reason. Don’t know if this is a bug in later versions or not. In fact, I’ve never tried it before, but the gist is this:

I know the Program Settings are updating properly, because I added a line to the WP Report, and it updates fine. It’s just the rest of the Report seems to be ignoring the date filter … the Amounts shown here are from Today, not from the past …

This is the Entity Screen, where the REFRESH button triggers the above Rule… The values in the Report for {SETTING:DFbeg} and {SETTING:DFend} do change and refresh in the Report Widget (the top line) which proves the Widget is Refreshing, however, the rest of the amounts/values in the Report do not change according to the Date Filter parameter …

P.S. as a complete aside to all this, the GraphQL getCustomReport() query accepts Start/End date parameters, and they work very well - no issues whatsoever…

1 Like

I tried to follow what you have done on your tutorial,so i can have date filters on my custom entity report but some how am not getting the desired results.
I have attached my screenshots so you can kindly let me know where i am not getting it right.
i will really appreciate

rule1

![editor%20widget%20for%20filtering%20the%20date%20end|678x530]
(upload://lVEvNWlRDi4Q6MzKJlSsq7d5jXQ.PNG)

the problem is that my widgets are not refreshing

The real problem is that the Date Filter parameter in the action does not work as advertised.

That aside, there are a couple problems with your setup. Look very closely at my screenshots and you should see your mistakes.

The dateFilter parameter/variable needs to have <> between the dates, like this:

{SETTING:DFbeg}<>{SETTING:DFend}

That ^ is supposed to be the way we can specify a start and end date for the Report.

Your Report Widget needs a Name. This is very important. The Report Widget Name is located under “Properties” as opposed to “Settings”. My screenshot shows 2 “Properties” dialogs for the Report Widget. The top one is actually the real “Properties” (where the Widget Name “WP Workperiod Report Widget” is specified), while the lower one is actually the Widget “Settings” dialog where the Report Name (“Workperiod Report”) is specified.

Then in your Editor Widgets, you use the Report Widget Name for the Refreshing Widgets setting, rather than the the Report Name. The same goes for your Refresh Custom Report Widget Action, where you specify both the Widget Name (“WP Workperiod Report Widget”) and Report Name (“Workperiod Report”).

I don’t see an Automation Command Button Widget on your screen, like is shown in mine. Regardless, you should also be able to use the Editor Widget setting for Command name which will trigger the AMC that you specify there, in your case you have AS Date Filter. So you need a Rule to handle that Automation Command, and put your Refresh Custom Report Action in that Rule. In my example, I don’t use the Editor Widget Command name parameter, I use an Automation Button Widget set to trigger the Rule for Automation Command Executed for Command Name “WP Workperiod Report Refresh” in the Command Name value parameter for the Button.

Thanks alot QMCKay for your evaluation,i have gratefully appreciated,i will redo the whole thing again and with your kind advice i hope this time i’ll get it right

HI QMCKay,i have figured out another way to do this its less tedious and doesn’t require a lot of configuration.
You don’t have to view report using custom widgets .You Can still view limit the way reports are viewed using NAVIGATION SCREEN
i have created another module ie RECORDS and changed the navigation module parameter to the report that i want the department to view.
I then mapped the module to the respective terminal.
Its working smoothly

1 Like