[New 4.1.52] Custom Report Viewer Widget

Meh, I cannot get it to work properly with the default Reports. The Report is refreshing as expected, but it is ignoring the Date Filter for some reason. Don’t know if this is a bug in later versions or not. In fact, I’ve never tried it before, but the gist is this:

I know the Program Settings are updating properly, because I added a line to the WP Report, and it updates fine. It’s just the rest of the Report seems to be ignoring the date filter … the Amounts shown here are from Today, not from the past …

This is the Entity Screen, where the REFRESH button triggers the above Rule… The values in the Report for {SETTING:DFbeg} and {SETTING:DFend} do change and refresh in the Report Widget (the top line) which proves the Widget is Refreshing, however, the rest of the amounts/values in the Report do not change according to the Date Filter parameter …

P.S. as a complete aside to all this, the GraphQL getCustomReport() query accepts Start/End date parameters, and they work very well - no issues whatsoever…

1 Like

I tried to follow what you have done on your tutorial,so i can have date filters on my custom entity report but some how am not getting the desired results.
I have attached my screenshots so you can kindly let me know where i am not getting it right.
i will really appreciate

rule1

![editor%20widget%20for%20filtering%20the%20date%20end|678x530]
(upload://lVEvNWlRDi4Q6MzKJlSsq7d5jXQ.PNG)

the problem is that my widgets are not refreshing

The real problem is that the Date Filter parameter in the action does not work as advertised.

That aside, there are a couple problems with your setup. Look very closely at my screenshots and you should see your mistakes.

The dateFilter parameter/variable needs to have <> between the dates, like this:

{SETTING:DFbeg}<>{SETTING:DFend}

That ^ is supposed to be the way we can specify a start and end date for the Report.

Your Report Widget needs a Name. This is very important. The Report Widget Name is located under “Properties” as opposed to “Settings”. My screenshot shows 2 “Properties” dialogs for the Report Widget. The top one is actually the real “Properties” (where the Widget Name “WP Workperiod Report Widget” is specified), while the lower one is actually the Widget “Settings” dialog where the Report Name (“Workperiod Report”) is specified.

Then in your Editor Widgets, you use the Report Widget Name for the Refreshing Widgets setting, rather than the the Report Name. The same goes for your Refresh Custom Report Widget Action, where you specify both the Widget Name (“WP Workperiod Report Widget”) and Report Name (“Workperiod Report”).

I don’t see an Automation Command Button Widget on your screen, like is shown in mine. Regardless, you should also be able to use the Editor Widget setting for Command name which will trigger the AMC that you specify there, in your case you have AS Date Filter. So you need a Rule to handle that Automation Command, and put your Refresh Custom Report Action in that Rule. In my example, I don’t use the Editor Widget Command name parameter, I use an Automation Button Widget set to trigger the Rule for Automation Command Executed for Command Name “WP Workperiod Report Refresh” in the Command Name value parameter for the Button.

Thanks alot QMCKay for your evaluation,i have gratefully appreciated,i will redo the whole thing again and with your kind advice i hope this time i’ll get it right

HI QMCKay,i have figured out another way to do this its less tedious and doesn’t require a lot of configuration.
You don’t have to view report using custom widgets .You Can still view limit the way reports are viewed using NAVIGATION SCREEN
i have created another module ie RECORDS and changed the navigation module parameter to the report that i want the department to view.
I then mapped the module to the respective terminal.
Its working smoothly

1 Like

Show what you mean. There is no way to “create another module”. Your terminology is incorrect and will confuse users. Show screenshots of what you did.

hi sir,this is just the same way like you have done on your previous tutorial.the only requirement here though is that you will have to first create the report you want.This can be easily done by following the custom reports tutorial

**[NEW!] How to use Custom Reports Module 1.0

How to build a department report using Custom Report?

This tutorial will guide are very informative on how to create custom reports

once the report are created you can follow the screenshots shown and determine where the reports can be viewed though mapping.This can be done by mapping the module to a respective till
C1

C3

1 Like

Looks great!

FYI, those are not “modules”. They are Automation Commands, and when we map them to Display on Navigation, we refer to them “Tiles”.

For example, when you Clone “Reports” to “Records”, you are cloning an Automation Command, not a module.

There are only 12 actual Modules for Navigation, which are these:

1 Like

Thankyou sir for your concern and correction,i meant tiles,you are right