Odd issue with Samba 5.2.20 not opening

Which version do you suggest, error shows 4.0.xxx but thought samba uses 4.5.xx

I got latest version from microsofts site 4.7 I think

Ok, think im getting somewhere, when tried installing 4.7.2 earlier it said i already had new version installed, intriguing since that is latest one available to download, see how it goes.

Installed but on restart got windows update LOL so think its put me back to where I was LOL

Uninstalling that update allows 4.7.2 .net install so guessing thats what is effecting.net, reinstalling again, see what then.

1 Like

Well, still no luck, so no samba still on my dev laptop :frowning:

Tried rollback, reinstall .net 4.7.2, reinstall sambaā€¦

Out of ideasā€¦

Delete Sambapos completely remove hidden folders etc. Try latest beta version? He released today.

Latest beta is installed. :frowning:

1 Like

Wow looks like windows screwed something up. Weird.

ooo, oooo, deleting both remaining program files and hidden data folder seems to have done it!

1 Like

You probably got a bad install at some point. Maybe a corrupt download.

1 Like

Just setting up a new system for a client, fresh build Win 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB Entry 2016 on POS terminals we have sold many of before.

Got the same error @JTRTech reported at the start of this topic.

AeroAdmin_2019-04-04_07-21-31

AeroAdmin_2019-04-04_07-22-32

This should not happen, there is something different in 5.2.20 build, I have never had any issue running SambaPOS on a fresh copy of Windows 10. This is very critical and must be resolved ASAP, we canā€™t have SambaPOS not running like this.

I donā€™t have time to debug this as this system needs to be shipped out in the next couple hours so I just had to uninstall 5.2.20 and put 5.2.18 on, which works fine. Thankfully we havenā€™t updated our dev system to 5.2.20 yet otherwise we would have a bigger problem on our handsā€¦

1 Like

Phew, thought it was just me.
Odd it was a fresh install, deleting the folders left after uninstall resolved for me which suggested bad install as apposed to a bug.

I havent tried this version yet because Ive seen this post, however I still have installer for 5.2.18 if anyone needs it.

I understand that problem occures in same OS. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise. Is that correct @markjw

And can you please test this with 5.2.19 Beta ?

Strange I have installed that version on two terminals with that version of Windows and one on win pro and have not encountered that yet. I wonder if something is happening with the download?

I still wonder if a bad copy circulated at some point.

Yes. 64bit

I donā€™t have that system now, itā€™s been shipped to the client now. I have one other currently identical system I will check it later

I downloaded fresh copy of 5.2.20 from the forum this morning and thatā€™s the one that caused the problem.

1 Like

I wonder if itā€™s related to the message server issue we had with that version of Windows.

my dev laptop still cant open 5.2.20 ive just tried installing again but nothing happens when clicking the icon to start samba