Open Ticket with barcode scanner

Yes, barcode matched ticket id on ticket. Verified in notepad and on POS screen. My ticket id for example is 5744 and it is displaying an old paid ticket, order number 1783. I’m going to try closing the day. its been open for a month or so. I am using to order food but I’m not using to track money and sales yet. Soon I hope. I am going to restart and see if this helps

Show your template where your putting {TICKET ID} and also show the rule that is Handeling that. I mean Show your rule that is printing the ticket.

Copy all of that and paste it here then highlight it and press </> button and press reply

I am closing the ticket with the close button and then re-opening it to print the bill.

Ok dont do that… instead use Save Ticket action and put it as first Action in your Print Bill rule.

BTW follow what I said above the screenshot cuts off the important part of template.

EDIT: Nevermind I see your problem… change <bar>{TICKET NO} to <bar>{TICKET ID}

And follow what I said about save ticket action.

1 Like

See <BAR>{TICKET NO}, should it not be <BAR>{TICKET ID}

Beat me to it :-p

1 Like

For Save Ticket action you can leave success command and failure command blank you do not need those.

you guys are brilliant. It appears to be working fine. At least the scanning and ticket part. I will reread the save ticket stuff and implement. Thanks so much.

Save Ticket action just ensures the Ticket Id is generated on every print. If you for some reason were to Print Bill before closing ticket then Ticket Id is not generated so it would not print in barcode. Save ticket ensures ticket is saved to database without having to press close and it ensures Ticket Id is generated.

Before we had Save Ticket action we had to go through an elaborate process to ensure Ticket was saved before Ticket Id generated.

Save Ticket action is simple just create it and save the action no need to fill in parameters. Insert the action at top of your rule for Print Bill.

1 Like

What do I put as action type? or leave it blank?

What do you mean? Create a Save Ticket action and put it at top of your actions inside your Print Bill rule.

Answered my own question, Close Ticket obviously. Thanks

This is working great. Thank you.

1 Like

I am sorry this is version 4… Save Ticket action is in version 5 only. My apology. You probably got the same effect with Close Ticket however.

Yep Close Ticket did the trick. Version 5 update soon.

1 Like

I tried this the other day. I had to Close ticket on my receipt action, I think??? But I wanted to warn people, when I did this my bar code reader worked excellent, but it screwed up my display change due. I believe when I “closed the ticket” it prematurely closes the screen right after it receives payment. The change due screen never presented. It took me awhile to realize my error and correct it. I think I will wait until I update to V5 to tackle this as I only have a problem on one terminal with a convenience store in it. My main terminal prints fine as the ticket ID is always generated when I close the ticket and I use separate printer templates.