Payment Screen Settings improvements

@tayfun any chance we could get a minor tweak to the Payment Screen Settings to allow currency symbols with the Payment Screen Values setting?

Also I want to request the ability to insert a suggested amount for example if Balance is 2.89 then button value would show 3. Example:

1 Like

When you have multiple Currencies, how would you handle that Kendash?

Perhaps I should elaborate… I am not really asking for hard coded solution… perhaps an ability to allow expression on a value in the setting panel so I could do it myself.

You would probably need Program Configurations to hold “default” Currency settings, such as:

• Default Currency Name (ie. “USD”)
  • Default Currency Symbol (ie. “$”)

… and then a method to access those settings, maybe like:

{CURRENCY NAME:X}
{CURRENCY SYMBOL:X}

… so then you could “template” the Payment Screen Values something like:

{CURRENCY SYMBOL: }5; {CURRENCY SYMBOL: }10; {CURRENCY SYMBOL: }20; ...
1 Like

Yes this is why I wanted to start conversation. The feature would be useful it would speed up transactions. Maybe not currency symbol that’s more style preference but the suggested amount button would be a great feature if we can make it work.

Here is where I got the idea my sysco rep tried to sell me on Cake their new POS system and while tinkering with it I saw that feature thought it would speed up checkout.

See how order total is 8.62 so first button is 9 lots of people in US pay like that.

I just like the look of currency symbol.

I agree this would be useful, when I train clients on using the system some of them don’t understand (or later forget) those are $ amount buttons. Adding the currency symbol would solve that. Plus most other systems on the market I have seen is like Cake where it has the currency symbol.

I had someone ask for this before. Also had a request for round up to next ÂŁ5, so if the amount was ÂŁ5.23, the button would show ÂŁ10. I thought about doing my own automation for it but eventually decided against it. This could be the same functionality as you request, just you provide a value for rounding up, so can be 1, 5, etc.