Pole display incorrect total

if there is a balance of 13.50 and paid is $20 there is change due.

In settle screen Try select Tea and put tender 5 and take a picture of your pole.

No because for the print to account for the 20 paid the print/update is after the payment processed hence that screen is after first 2 payments of 10 making 20 total paid leaving a 13.50 balance.
If it was after the final 20 cash payment to balance would be 0!!!
If it was after the third (cash) payment total tendered would be 40, balance 0 and the change due would be shown

Just because you changed it from remaining total to ticket total will not make it show change.
Rather than use round numbers use odd numbers for tendered amount so you can more clearly see the steps 10,10,20 is a bad sequence for testing as I expect your confusing 20 tendered on this payment with 20 tendered so far

Tendered in your template is a ticket level tag meaning total tendered.

Don’t ask for advise from the forum regulars and tell us we are wrong ;-p if I wasn’t confident I would say I believe or I think :wink: but am confident I am not mistaken.

1 Like

here u go

No, I mean from the same previous example.
3 Test
1 Tea

Select Tea on the left and it should show Total 1.5 on the right
And press 5 then select cash.

Then take picture of the pole.

Do not pay whole ticket!

okay i will tomorrow

1. Have to confirm that it working when ticket still have remaining amount or not.
  2. If it works, then you have some rule interfere the flow. So, it won’t update after ticket fully paid.
1 Like

Did you tried what I’ve suggested here?

1 Like

I give in

Your tea example is wrong, it’s not showing change because it’s not showing a payment!!!
Are you triggering pole print of settle button? You keep showing settle screen

Trigger change amount display template on “Payment Submitted” event instead of “Change Amount Updated” event. [image]

Yes he did with Payment Processed.

already payment processed

Teamviewer do you want to give it a look?

through out the whole transaction nothing has changed on the pole display

Please, show your Pole printer template again? Anything change? Why PD amount is not showing now?

EDIT:
I think {TENDERED TOTAL} and {CHANGE TOTAL} does not work with Change Amount Updated.
1st transaction show 0 but 2nd show the amount. So, it seem it print before the change amount updated.
I will try this later today.

Change Amount Updated works before payment added to ticket so these ticket tags will return no (or previous) value. Rule Parameters (like [:ChangeAmount]) should work fine though.

Moving it to “Payment Processed” rule should solve that.

No time now. I will try it later :slight_smile:

Got extra few minutes.
Yes, moving to Payment Processed WORKS.

But, {CHANGE TOTAL} and {TENDERED TOTAL} is not really useful for Pole display I think.
It show total not current amount. It make more sense to use [:ChangeAmount] and [:Tendered Amount] but have to store it in {SETTING:X} since we don’t have {CHANGE AMOUNT}

This works. Always has.

2 Likes

Ah Set Print Ticket to True did the trick.

Hmm
 What is really Print Ticket do? Default is Empty.
What the different True False and Empty?

EDIT: Opps I still at Payment Processed That why it works

Hmm
 A little weird now. I used [:ChangeAmount] store in {SETTING:CurChange} and it update change but you can see {CHANGE TOTAL} , {TENDERED TOTAL} and {REMAINING TOTAL} not update.

BTW, this is Change Amount Updated Event

Printer Template
<J00>TD:{SETTING:CurTendered}|CHG:{SETTING:CurChange} <J00>BL:{REMAINING TOTAL}|TT:{TICKET TOTAL} <F>= <L00>Tendered Total: {TENDERED TOTAL} <L00>Change Total: {CHANGE TOTAL}

Rule:

OK, Despite Q confirmed it works for him but I can’t get it to work either.

So, Here is how I get it to work.

Printer Template:

<J00>TD:{SETTING:CurTendered}|CHG:{SETTING:CurChange} <J00>BL:{REMAINING TOTAL}|TT:{TICKET TOTAL} <F>= <L00>Tendered Total: {TENDERED TOTAL} <L00>Change Total: {CHANGE TOTAL}

Rules:

1. Store Current Tendered and Change to Program Setting (Change Amount Updated Event)

2. Update Pole Display (Payment Processed Event)

Here the screenshot:

First Item Paid: (Item Price $1.95, Tendered $5, Change $3.05)

SecondItem Paid (Item Price $1.25, Tendered $5, Change $3.75)

1 Like