Printer layout template question

hey guys

I’m currently finishing up my printer templates for all three. I need the orders to not be so split out like that. Not sure what is wrong, I’ve been trying to put the alignment to the left, but it’s just printing out the same. Not sure if I’m doing it correctly.

Problem: its all too far spread apart. the orders.

Also, I’ve tried putting Thai Thai Restaurant in to the title as two lines. also tried Bolding the font,
but instead it comes out as

" <EB>Thai Thai Restaur
ant<DB>"

source code is

<title><EB>thai thai restaurant<db>

I want it to come out as

THAI THAI
RESTAURANT

among other things too, I plan on putting my restaurant’s logo on it. So it shouldn’t be a problem, I’ve found the tutorial to that already. (thanks in advance.)

Also is it possible to make it appear as in the food ordering.

- Specific Price.

because currently it comes out all messed up, but that may be due to the orientation of the printer’s alignment, I’ve been looking for the code to make it left orientated? any way you could lead me to the right page on how to fix this problem. Currently this is only for the customer copy, The kitchen will be much more minimalistic - just food, and what type of ticket (dine/to-go/delivery)

Thanks in advance guys.
-Tan

I fixed some of it for you but your using the forum wrong with tags. If your posting code samples for us to look at copy paste the code and then highlight it and press the code button looks like </> if you do not do this it will not display code correctly in the forum post.

Can you open your printer template and copy paste the entire template here and then use the </> button to format it as code. We need to see your template you could have it configured wrong. You may need to configure your printer too so can you share with us what printer your using and the settings you put for it

These might help:

Thank you for correcting my errors, after reading the post i was like, err some text were missing and started freaking out haha.
Yeah, pardon my inexperiences in the forums/ pos in general, computer programming isn’t really my cup of tea, but I’ve been trying little by little, it’ll be worth the trouble to finish this pos. lots of great things in samba, thanks for responding so quickly.
Currently I have 3 computers that can do the POS. (2) 9100 touchsmart hp 23inch touchscreen computer and (1) personal laptop
4 Printers (all of them are the same model : Star TSP100 (cutter TSP143)) ~However the printer for the kitchen is connected via usb print server hub which i will be setting up through the network (ethernet)

I had just fixed the alignment by changing the printer options, it was set to 42 characters per line, which i reduced to 36 and everything fits in one line now.

pic:

Currently trying to get rid of the blank printed lines around the words “thai thai” and “restaurant”
it kind of looks like …:::::THAI THAI::::…
that ink blotch, i dont want, do you know what could be causing that?

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<T><EB>Thai Thai<DB>
<T><EB>Restaurant<DB>

<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
{ENTITIES}
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<F>-
{ORDERS}
<F>=
<EB>
{DISCOUNTS}
[<J10>Total Gift:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
{SERVICES}
<J10>Total:|{TICKET TOTAL}
{PAYMENTS}
<DB>
<F>=
<C10>T H A N K   Y O U
<BEEP>
[DISCOUNTS]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[SERVICES]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[PAYMENTS]
<J00>{PAYMENT NAME}|{PAYMENT AMOUNT}

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**GIFT**
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
-- Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<J00> * {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<J00>Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

also realized the BEEP function doesn’t work, is it in the right place for it to beep, or could my printer just not work with beeps?

There seems to be an inconsistance in the tax rate showing on the bill also. because earlier the tax was being printed in bold, now it’s nowhere to be found. However the Discount rate is still there.

The ink blotch is because your using <T> for that. <T> will fill in any blank space with those characters that is by design. You have a couple options if you do not like this.

1. Do not use <T> tag. Use <J00> or <C00>
    Example: <C00>Thai Thai

OR

<EB>
<C00>Thai Thai
<EB>

Finally an alternative:

:wink: My favorite and looks the best is to create a bitmap logo image and insert the logo at top of the ticket.

I dont see taxes in your template at all. Are you using Tax Templates?

it should be at the bottom maybe that got left out. I was using the tax template from another forum posting.
and yes I will be putting a picture on it now, along with my QR code to like the facebook page on the bottom(big maybe still)
=)

[ORDERS:Void]
-- Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<J00> * {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<J00>Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

[TAXES]
<J00>Tax {TAX NAME} ({TAX RATE}%):| {TAX AMOUNT}
TAXES]
<J00>Tax {TAX NAME} ({TAX RATE}%):| {TAX AMOUNT}

[SERVICES]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME} ([=F(TN('{CALCULATION AMOUNT}'))]):| {CALCULATION TOTAL}

You have the Taxes format set via [Taxes] but you need to insert the actual Taxes line by inserting {TAXES} where you want them to show up.

1 Like