Printer Template - Show Order Tags With a charge only

Does anyone know how to filter out to only show the order tags that charge on the printed bill. There is a lot of irrelevant stuff that is written by servers that would be very unprofessional for customers to see. But yet again customers are complaining about upcharges because they are not seeing the reason for their product being more expensive than usual since I am currently not showing order tags at all.

If nothing else ternary expression would do it.
Not sure is square brackets will work for whole line as other tags and/or tag value isnt null it would be 0.00.

1 Like

Any samples to help me get started with this. Much appreciated

I assume that you use HTML-Template.

You can try to use after [ORDERS] again a brackets [ ] block, like that here;

BEFORE [ ]:

AFTER [ ]

so you can only show the protucts, they have a price

Okay great ill try it asap. So this should work for order tags aswell right? I am trying to get only higher than 0 priced order tags

Emre said on this thread, it will be not printed, if

Total Price = 0

[{QUANTITY} x {PRICE} | {TOTAL PRICE}]

or

Quantity = 0

[ [ {QUANTITY} ] x {PRICE} | {TOTAL PRICE}]

you can extend and try it…

Okay that was easy, just now it has a bunch of random spaces in between. Any ideas if this can be fixed?

Include the <J00> formatting in your brackets if your not using HTML.

THANK YOU!!! Worked awesome!

1 Like

For anyone that stumbles upon this and wants an exact solution:

I do something similar to strip the Promo tags on printouts from gloriafood integration.

Iv done this before but 3 years ago and forgot the power of ternary expressions… Thank you for always being there to help me grasp every feature man I appreciate it.

1 Like

I also like portions to look different and I hate the period seperator so I change my portions to look like Double Cheeseburger instead of Cheeseburger.Double

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<div style="font-size:19px;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
[='{PORTION}' == '' ? '<table><tr><td width="196">{QUANTITY}x    {PRODUCT NAME}</td></tr></table>':'<table><tr><td width="196">{QUANTITY}x    {PORTION} {PRODUCT NAME}</td></tr></table>']
</div>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

I can actually use that too thanks!

Here is my entire Kitchen HTML Template.

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout

{ENTITIES}

<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">Subtotal: ${PLAIN TOTAL}</div>
<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">Payment Type: {TICKET TAG:Payment Type}</div>
<F>-
<div style="font-size:25px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">KITCHEN TICKET #{TICKET NO}</div>
<F>=
<div style="font-size:13px;font-weight:bold;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>
<td width="25">Qty</td>
<td width="196">Item Desription</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
{ORDERS}
<F>
<F>
<F>=
<div style=font-size:15px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>
<td width=80 align=center>{TICKET DATE}</td>
<td width=170 align=right>{TIME}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
<div style=font-size:15px;font-weight:bold;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
</div>
<F>=

[DISCOUNTS]

[ORDERS GROUP:]

[ORDERS GROUP|GROUP TAG]
<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>
<td width="25">{QUANTITY}x</td>
<td width="196">{GROUP KEY}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

[ORDERS FOOTER]
<F>-

[ORDERS:GROUP TAG=*]
<div style="font-size:18px;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
[='{PORTION}' == '' ? '<table><tr><td width="196">       {PRODUCT NAME}</td></tr></table>':'<table><tr><td width="196">        {PORTION} {PRODUCT NAME}</td></tr></table>']
</div>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
[='{PORTION}' == '' ? '<table><tr><td width="196">{QUANTITY}x    {PRODUCT NAME}</td></tr></table>':'<table><tr><td width="196">{QUANTITY}x    {PORTION} {PRODUCT NAME}</td></tr></table>']
</div>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J00>{QUANTITY} {NAME}|**FREE ITEM**

[ORDERS:Void]
[='{PORTION}' == '' ? '<table><tr><td width="196">{QUANTITY}x    {PRODUCT NAME} **VOID**</td></tr></table>':'<table><tr><td width="196">{QUANTITY}x    {PORTION} {PRODUCT NAME} **VOID**</td></tr></table>']
</div>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<div style="font-size:17px;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>
[='{ORDER TAG NAME}' == 'Extra fee' ? '' : '<td width=272><b>            {ORDER TAG GROUP}</b>: {ORDER TAG NAME}</td>']
</tr>
</table>
</div>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Toppings]
<table>
<tr>
<td width=272><b>            {ORDER TAG GROUP}</b>: {ORDER TAG NAME}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Condiments]
<table>
<tr>
<td width=272><b>            {ORDER TAG GROUP}</b>: {ORDER TAG NAME}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Promotion]
-- Format for order tags

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Instructions]
-- Format for order tags
<F>-
<div style="font-size:14px;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>
<td width="196">INSTRUCTIONS: {ORDER TAG NOTE}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
<F>=

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">Customer: {ENTITY DATA:FirstName}</div>
<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">Phone: [=F(TN('{ENTITY DATA:Phone}'),'# (###) ###-####')]</div>
<F>-
1 Like

I tried learning how the html printer works and for some reason it was cutting sentances in half horizontally and sliding it over to the right a little. I dont know why it was getting distorted like that. Any ideas with that? Its an epson tm-t88vi

1 Like

Could be character count issues. or Line Counts Its hard to say I would have to see what it does to know.

Ill play more with it tomorrow and post on here if I cant get it working.

Thanks for the info

Hey Jesse, so I guess that TN expression is breaking when they type in a free tag and not put in a price i guess according to this error message. Any thought on this on your end?