Printing from a Lynx Tablet with local database

He might mean the list of Printers that are visible to SambaPOS …

Would be good to see all of your Print Jobs (mappings) as well.

Are those mappings on the Tablet?

What is with the “Dont Print” mappings? Why are they there?

If you want to prevent printing to the Ticket Printer for those Product Groups on the Tablet, then set the Terminal to “Server” in those mappings.

Guessing that printer name drop down list is from the server?
The windows printer screenshot shows POS80 10.0.0.11,Kitchen printer suggesting printer installed twice but ‘Kitchen Printer’ on tablet just says kitchen printer and not the POS80 instance?

@QMcKay the mappings are from the server.

The “dont print” mappings are for items that i did not want printing on the kitchen printer.and i created a separate template. I did not realise that i could set the terminal to server and this wouldnt print.

JTRTech - i have got two POS80 printers, one is the counter printer and the other the kitchen printer… The printing from the server is fine and the prints go to the relevant printers. The kitchen printer is the printer which all the kitchen copies should go to.

If your struggling from the tablet try sharing from the server. the server will need to be on for tablet to work with database so that wont be an issue…

For the Print Job Mappings that you don’t want to execute from the Tablet, set the Terminal in the Mapping to Server (assuming that is the name of the Server Terminal).

Your error(s) could be coming from the fact that the Tablet cannot find the Ticket Printer in the 2 “Dont Print” mappings.

Whether or not that alleviates the issue of the Tablet not printing is hard to say… but you have a configuration error in your Print Job Mapping setup that must be corrected first.

@QMcKay I have changed the mappings to terminal and the tablet now prints but its also printing the amounts for the product groups which i dont want to print in the kitchen. How do i stop this?

Time:21:10

Table:21

Persons:3
Ticket No:43

Appetiser

3 Pop & pk
3 Pop

Starter   

==========================================

1 Chi Chatt
1 On Bhaji
1 G M P
Vegan *no meat *no dairy

Main     

1 Chi Rogan
1 Chi Tik (M)
1 Veg Dup
Vegan *no meat *no dairy

Sides    

1 Sag Aloo - Side
Vegan *no mean *no dairy
1 Sag Aloo - Side

Rice     

1 Nut Rice
1 Mush Rice
1 Boiled Rice

Nan     

1 Chappati

Drink    

NOTE:

this is my printer template:

[LAYOUT]
<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
<L00>
<EB>
<C24>Table:{ENTITY NAME:Table}
<L00>
<L01>Persons:{TICKET TAG:No. Of Customers}
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<EB>
{ORDERS}
<L01>
<L01> NOTE: {NOTE}
<L01>
<L01>
<L01>
<L01>

[ORDERS]
<J01>{QUANTITY} {ITEM TAG:KitchenName} {PORTION:- }
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT TAG:Kitchen Group:Appetiser,Starter,Main,Sides,Rice,Nan,Sundries]
<L00>
<C12> {GROUP KEY} 
<F>=
<L00>

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<J00>    {ORDER TAG NAME}

[ORDERS:Void]
-- do not print voided orders
{ORDER TAGS}

<L01>{NOTE}
<BEEP>

As you can see the drinks section is printing with the amounts but no products. I dont need this section at all on the kitchen ticket

Maybe add a Section like this …

[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT TAG:Kitchen Group:Drinks]
-- do not print drinks

Persons:{TICKET TAG:No. Of Customers}
Ticket No:{TICKET NO}

{ORDERS}

NOTE: {NOTE}

[ORDERS]
{QUANTITY} {ITEM TAG:KitchenName} {PORTION:- }

{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT TAG:Kitchen Group:Appetiser,Starter,Main,Sides,Rice,Nan,Sundries]

{GROUP KEY}
=

[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT TAG:Kitchen Group:Drinks]
– do not print drinks

[ORDER TAGS]
– Format for order tags
{ORDER TAG NAME}

[ORDERS:Void]
– do not print voided orders
{ORDER TAGS}

{NOTE}

I have added it as above but still getting the same result

Well, it was worth a shot … in the dark.

I have no details on your setup, Product Group Codes, (Custom) Product Tags, or anything else, and my osmosis scanner is on the fritz …

@QMcKay At least its printing now, Ill have a mess around with the setup and see what happens. I just cant figure out why it prints the amounts but not the product itself

Do your Drink Products have the KitchenName Custom Product Tag filled out?

This is how all my drinks are set up

I see Kitchenname isnt filled, thats why it isnt printing the name

So I need a way of this product group to not print at the kitchen printer. When i print from the server, this doesnt happen. Its only when I print from the tablet that the drinks print

How many product groups have you got in total? I’ve got an idea which may work based on the amount of product groups you have.

And you only have one kitchen right? All food orders except the ones u don’t want to send go there, and drinks that require preparation also go to kitchen yeah?

There is about 11 product groups, of which there are around 4 which dont need to be printed.

I don’t know why but I have. Feeling your custom tags is causing the issue. I have a way in which works perfectly fine with a setup I used for a client, very basic without even the use of custom tags to define kitchen prints. If you like o can suggest it to you and you can try it. It may solve your issue, but it involves the removal of your custom tags for each item and remapping your kitchen print job. Unless there is a specific reason to why you use a custom tags to define a kitchen group. then I will find a work around.