Printing from a Lynx Tablet with local database

My default setup uses custom tag for Kitchen Print into which you put any value, an order added rule which sets state for KPrint state of NOTPRINTED which is what the execute print action is set to and an action like the New -> Submitted in default status state which changed NOTPRINTED to PRINTED. It allows me to easily define what prints on a product level. Can be updated easily and quickly with product tag editor.

Hi,

The reason i used the kitchen tags was to order the way in which the items are listed on the kitchen printer. If there is a better way to do this then im willing to try. I think i followed one of the tutorials to do this.

regards

Im just wondering if the reason the drinks section is printing is because of the portion section being printed:

{QUANTITY} {ITEM TAG:KitchenName} {PORTION:- }

so although im stating i dont want the drinks item to be printed the system is printing the portion of that item. Any way of getting around this?

Although this isnt happening on the server for some reason only on the tablets

You have lost meā€¦
Isnt ā€˜Kitchen Groupā€™ an ā€˜Item Tagā€™ not a ā€˜Product Tagā€™?

Kitchen group is an item tag but each of those items have a portion attached to it. I was just wondering if the printing of the drinks was due to the {portion} being printed. just a thought

No what Im saying is your specifying --do not print on

PRODUCT TAG:Kitchen Group:Drinks

Should that not be;

ITEM TAG:Kitchen Group:Drinks
Although not sure if ITEM TAG can be used in this way it is what you have in theory.

Your specifying the Product Tag Kitchen Group:Drinks but Kitchen Group:Drinks is not a product tag its an item tagā€¦

I think its set up as a product tag.

Im pretty sure the TAG column is what gives PRODUCT TAG, product tag preceded Custom Item Tag which is used with {ITEM TAG}

See how where you use Kitchen Name you use {ITEM TAG}

I see that now. Where are the Item Tags on the system?, I think i used a tutorial to set this up initially

ITEM TAGS are Custom Product Tagsā€¦ Those columns in you product tag table.
TAG is product tag, the rest are ITEM TAGS

THis was Qā€™s explination when I asked this a while back in beta section;

[quote=ā€œQMcKay, post:2, topic:10057, full:trueā€]
Product Tag is essentially exactly the same as Custom Product Tags.
It was originally the only way to Tag a Product, before Custom Tags were invented.
The value stored can be referenced with:{ITEM TAG}Then with the invention of Custom Product Tags, we could add as many other tags as we wanted, and reference them with:{ITEM TAG:ProductTagCaptionName}[/quote]

Pretty sure you dont specify a tag name and the double :: expression on your PRODUCT TAG in template is not working as you expect. As ITEM TAG you do as picks out that field where PRODUCT TAG only referes to that first column or Tag field in top 4 section on product page.

So i have also got a group codeā€¦is that a product tag?

Im specyfing these not to be printed

No, that would be {GROUP TAG} I believe.

Check the template help list and put the values in the template to check what they are returning.

{GROUP TAG} <-- Group Code
{PRODUCT TAG} <-- Tag
{ITEM TAG}
{ITEM TAG:X} <ā€“Custom Item Tag:Tag Name

You will see that in the list PRODUCT TAG does not have a PRODUCT TAG:X option where ITEM TAG does although not sure what just ITEM TAG without specifying a tag name will return.

Where, in the Print Job?

What I see is *,*,*,*,*,*,,Kitchen Printer,Kitchen Template meaning all printed to kitchen printer.
Pretty sure you cannot negitivly map something

Qā€™s sugestion

Was aiming to ignore on template like how void orders are hidden/not printed on receipt template.

Although for you think it should be;

[ORDERS GROUP|ITEM TAG:Kitchen Group:Drinks]
ā€“ do not print drinks

but am not sure if ITEM TAG is compatible for this useā€¦

I initially had these sent to a blank template which didnt print anything so i can change this back. but the print was still doing the same thing.

In terms of the Item tag. The KitchenName tag has got shortened versions of all the dishes which print to the kitchen. All the KitchenName tags for the drinks are blank.

If i were to specify every KitchenName tag then thats over 200 different tags (item names). Is there a way of saying that if the KitchenName is Blank then not to print?

Actually i could specify all the drinks as [ORDERS GROUP|ITEM TAG:Kitchen Group:Drinks]
and then specify those not to printā€¦

Using my state method would do that.
Or possibly a ternary expression in the template.

How does your state method work? is there a tutorial on it?

Dont think have a tutorial.

Do a backup and can guide you through it.

Ok all backed up. ready to go

Youll need a new update order state action if you dont already have a generic one to use.