Printing Tutorial in Detail

@kendash I’ve named the printers “kitchen” and “sushi” on windows.
would that not id the printers as such? is there an inherent id for printers’ properties that I should be referring to instead?
the names were recognized in the dropdown menus so I simply selected them as such

Then it is correct and my suspicion is wrong.

Can you go to C:/users/username/documents/SambaPOS4 and open up the error log and see if you find anything maybe copy paste what you find here.

PS: Also could you try temporarily taking the Sushi printer orders out of that Print Job leave just your Kitchen Printer orders and see what happens.

@kendash
it really seems like the print job is not being sent at all.

Ok I think i see the issue. Your print job is named Print Orders to Kitchen Printers Notice the S on Printers…

Your Print job you have selected in your action is Print Orders to Kitchen Printer no s

So yes your correct its not firing that print job because you told it not too :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

thanks a bunch!
I don’t know how I missed that
sometimes an extra set of eyes is all you need
I really appreciate the help and all the help I will be getting in the near future

2 Likes

Good catch - good eye @Jesse!

Hi,

Is there a way to print each food item on its own ticket for kitchen orders?

Thanks,

Chris

Hello!
First time writing in the forum. I was wondering if there is a way to print specific products on a ticket while other categories on another. What I mean is, could a category e.g. Salads be printed on one ticket alone, while other category products on another?
And a second question, although I haven’t searched on the forum if it has already been submitted is what do I have to do with the bill if it has to pass from a fiscal printer so that it prints the Fiscal signature at the end of the bill.

Thanks,

Mark

Assign your products to a category like Beverages and Salads.
Make different Print jobs, for example Salad Printer for the Salad Category, and Beverages for the Beverages category.
You can assign the same printer for the job, it only comes out in separate tickets.

Maybe i am missing it or something but i don’t see anything about how to show the reason a product is voided on the kitchen slip. how do i do this?

I do this with discounts, I have reasons setup to select when the discount button is pressed and this is added as an order tag which you can the read using the order tag templates in the ticket template

So the customer receipt shows this under the discounted item

Discount -£1.50
Discount Reason: Goodwill Gesture

You could do the same thing for voids

Find Void Automation Command and type reasons as Automation Command Values.

Hi,

may i know what should i do if i need to have each item to be individually to the kitchen?

Each ticket will only mention the table number, the food ordered and quantity.

And so, if Table 1 order 5 items, kitchen will get 5 tickets to prepare.

Please advise.

Thank you and Best Regards,
Kelvin

@payzx
You can try this option to separate kitchen print order,
Manage> Setting> Print Job> Kitchen Order Print Job> Change “All Lines” from printing content to “Separated prints by quantity”.

2 Likes

Hello,

And If I have a Server, with 5 till’s (2 for the Bar, and 3 for the restaurant), how can I separate the 2 bar till’s (USB) to print to exactly bar 1 and bar 2? Because If I modify something on the server, all the others receive the same configuration and if I modify something on one of the till’s, will be the same on all of them. Because they are synchronised.

Thanks.

Setup the terminal names for each till. Then map your print jobs to the terminals

2 Likes

1 Like

Thank you, That’s what i need.

Hi @Zox,

Lets say the orders had been printed by the kitchen printer using the “Separated prints by quantity method”. And how should i go about configuring that i need another print at the terminal of the waiter using “All Lines” options.

Meaning to say that whenever the waiter key in the new orders, i need a slip that shows the summary of the new orders he keyed to be printed out and place on the table. At the same time, the kitchen will do the separated prints by quantity.

Please advise and Thank You in advance.

Just create a new print job and action and add that to the same rule, then both print jobs will print at the same time

1 Like