Problem in add Product Item and Ending word period in v5

I just purchase a v5 license and start to use it. I try and test it i get some problem happen to me:

1-When i install and choose with SQL local DB (2012/2014) it will error when we start the mean it no database connect( Database not generate ). I try to test one more PC it can create mdf file in drive C locate in User folder and then application can run but when i close and open it again in a second day in still show problem again.
2-When i use SQL local DB or SQL Server express it have the same problem when i add product can add only one , when try to add one more it say it exist . (My product is a unicode)
3-I try to uninstall sql server and then sambapos start with compact sql it can add product as unicode now but it error when i end my work period .

****Note : All setting wes default because i don’t do any thing yet just try with sample data make order like that …

** see my screenshot

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: samba.presentation.exe
Problem Signature 02:
Problem Signature 03: 58d2d08d
Problem Signature 04: System.Data.SqlServerCe
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.8876.1
Problem Signature 06: 4fcd17f1
Problem Signature 07: 17b
Problem Signature 08: 4ad
Problem Signature 09: System.Data.Entity.Core.Entity
OS Version: 6.1.7601.
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

I can confirm this I copy this word from the Internet ភាសាខ្មែរ mean Khmer
I delete couple of characters and try to add product again like this ភាសាខ and boom can’t save.

It works fine with Thai. @emre may take a look at this.

@KarKVeiChhuy Workaround for now would be Create Custom Product Tag to store your Khmer product name and use english name or product code as product name.

Thank you very much @sukasem i can show it now by follow your clue. but this problem should be still talk because maybe it should have a good solution soon …

Hmm this weird issue probably relates with SQL Server Language settings. When I run a query like this it returns unrelated results.

PS: I tested it with this query too. No difference… I also couldn’t change database language to Khmer for a reason I didn’t understand. I’ll check that.

select * from MenuItems where Name = N''

ok thank you!

Khmer Language is work ok with mysql by set character set as UTF8 and collation as “utf8_general_ci” it store and work correctly.

Hello @emre sorry for ignore your time again but please help this urgent problem.
when i end my word period it have problem happen i don’t know why because i test with a new database that i do not do any configuration or change it default but it error like this. This happen when i use sql compact as my database.

See this post to enable Khmer support.

wow work great very thank you !

HI . May I ask if it is possible to print the customer receipt in English and Arabic while the kitchen receipt in English only, knowing that the Items or products is written in Both English and Arabic ?
Thank you so much for your support.

Hi @Manal

Please don’t reply to old topics with new questions, it doesn’t help the community and makes it difficult to get responses to your question.

This has already been covered many times on the forum, did you use the search feature first before posting?

Anyway yes you can save the product name in English and create a custom product tag for the Arabic name, which you can then reference in the printer template for the kitchen to print either or both languages.

You can read more about setting up here

1 Like

Thank you so Much and sorry for inconvenience, but I didn’t have the option to post a new question so I used reply Option,sorry again and thank you for your support.

Yes you can.
Normally ppl use 2nd language on product header or caption don’t remember. You can set in printer template.

Or I think you can use JavaScript to remove arabic by calling script in template.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your support

1 Like

I like when ppl willing to learn. Lot of ppl just want exact screenshot to solve their problems. I don’t think that is good to learn Samba POS. When you try to explore more you learn more.

EDIT: But since you already have product name include both languages, I think you can just create script

function englishOnly(str) { // In case you have no standard characters between arabic
    return str.replace(/[^\x00-\x7F]+/,'');


function englishOnly(str,delimitter) { // In case you have unique character to separate English/Arabic
    return str.substr(0,str.indexOf(delimitter)-1);

In printer template

<J00>{CALL:yourHandler.englisgOnly('{NAME}')}|x{QUANTITY} |{TOTAL PRICE}