Product out of stock visualisation

It doesn’t translate to this?:

According to google translate they both come back as cancel order so may just be the interpretation of the word in context for cancel and void

hi @Jesse
no the german translation says “stornieren” thas void! the right word to understand it right is “abbrechen” = “cancel”

Another Question @Jesse
wath can i put in the constrain to show in the ask quetion action the name of the inventory item and not the name of the menu item?
And how i can i use portion for inventory item? i have coke small size and big size. When i click on the small size which is in stock and the big size is not, then also i cant add the coke?

Hi all this tag seems not working because even if i have more than 10 item in stock it still displays out of stock message then it picks every item regardless with or without stock ‘{REPORT INVENTORY::<Local Ware

house>}’<‘1’ PLEASE help…

Show us your inventory warehouse screen.

Thanks kendash i have just uploaded

So you are using an invalid tag as a constraint meaning its always meeting the requirement so it will fire regardless. In the topic here where it says <name> that did not mean literally put <name> it meant replace that with your product name.

Try {NAME} instead of <NAME> , <NAME> does nothing. Also LocalWarehouse is not valid tag either. Replace that with a number.

UGH Pretty much everything about your tag is wrong… one sec I will tell you exactly what to type. It looks like you were just making up things to put there honestly I dont even see in this discussion where it showed to type it like that.

Try this tag in your constraint:

'{REPORT INVENTORY:{NAME}:Local Warehouse}' < '1'

1 Like

Thanks a lot it seems its working… one more thing please its showing message no stock but when you click ok it goes ahead and makes order please advise me how to cancel order automatically when it sense there is no stock…

You already have the action there. Did you fix the constraint on it as well? Show your action.

Thats what i have my action and rule

Show your Cancel Orders ACTION. It should look something like this:

Thanks guys its working but i have realized if i have say like 23 in stock i can still make sale of 23 and above and system will detect that as shown in my screen shoot…

Use this constraint:

'{REPORT INVENTORY:{NAME}:Local Warehouse}' < '{QUANTITY}'

You could also put in your Message something more informative, like this:

There are only {REPORT INVENTORY:{NAME}:Local Warehouse} of {NAME}.\rYou requested {QUANTITY}.\r\rReduce the Quantity of the Item to {REPORT INVENTORY:{NAME}:Local Warehouse} or less.
1 Like

If you think about the logic then yes that will be the case as your only checking if stock is less than one and if you ring in 100 while stock is 23 the stock at time of order adding is OVER 1…
If you added them 1 by one it would trigger as expected…

You need to be more specific in your expression and do something like;

(INVENTORY STOCK - ORDER QTY) < 0 with message of not enough stock.

Or what Q shows LOL

I would make it

[=TN(‘{REPORT INVENTORY:{NAME}:Local Warehouse}’)] < [=TN(‘{QUANTITY}’)]
To ensure all numbers are numbers.

Surprised your other expression worked having quotes around number didn’t turn it into a string rather than numerical.
I always try and use TN() when using less than or larger than to ensure everything is in numerical format.

1 Like

I agree with @JTRTech . It is best to ensure strings are converted to numbers by using the TN() function as he has shown.

Though it can work without it, in special cases such as when using the less/greater than operators (< or >), since the parser will then assume the arguments on both sides are numbers, or it will convert them automatically.

Hi another scenario when i have 10 items in stock prediction its blocking the sale when i try to make more than 10 items once but if i make sale 1 by 1 its not detecting surpass 10 as shown on my screen sh

ot

Because you have not ordered anything yet. It’s not submitted. Your gonna get into more complex scenario with that. Will waitress really do that?

1 Like