Refreshing Order Grouping & Setting Group Order

Looks like it… Whats your config for that?

2 Likes

OK, so background is changing.
Can you try adding a group format/title?
My backgrounds are all the same colour…

I see what you are talking about now. It has to do only with the first ticket screen before ticket is created. Its simply the position of the order on the ticket screen. It actually updates fine for everything including submitted ticket and printout but only the non submitted ticket screen is affected.

We may be able to trick it into updating ill look into a few things.;

1 Like

Great, its not just me then.

I know it has actually updated and prints etc are correct but if it doesn’t visually update its quite hard to use this feature.
I would clasify this as a Bug personally.
The fact that it does update if you select and order then add another order it refreses/updates visually…

I dont think its a bug. Its just not implemented yet. he probably needs to implement a refresh for this. Similar to when it refreshes it when new order is added. Maybe @emre will look at it and can offer some advice.

@emre I would be greatful if you could take a look at this, would be nice to get sorted.

@kendash Forgot to ask if you know if/how to keep the groups in order the same as we can on printer template?

I dont think you can for submitted orders atm. It separates them by design atm.

Not taking about submitted, just new orders would be good,

I dont think thats possible either right now.

Shame, that would be a nice addition, yes for courses but sure other potential.

If he can fix the refresh issue we discussed then its simple as defining State Order or Group Order

I couldnt see any order related fields in the update order group action, however there is group order in update order state but never used that?

I was thinking in theory if you use the State as the Group Name then updating the State Order should work. We could somewhat test this now…

How do you define state order? comma separated list?

Ok it doesnt work so nevermind.

1 Like

Do you really want order line changes location after changing course? There might be a refresh issue there (I’ll check that, I’m not saying I won’t fix) but I mainly developed grouping feature for creating menu orders and I’m not sure if using it for grouping orders by course is a good idea. Maybe I didn’t understand expected operator workflow. While creating an order displaying last added order at the end of the list sounds like a better idea. Also I think I’m double checking by code if orders stands in entry order and scroll order list to end when new order lines added.

Understand what your saying, I thought the refresh was not working properly as if you;

Ring in
Starter
Main
Main
Dessert
Dessert
Change course group of starter to dessert
Leave an order selected and add another order
the starter will be grouped with the desserts.
In that work flow I just did the desserts move up to the starter and group changes to desserts…
See;

That flow was exactly as I listed.
Its already rearranging the orders if an order is left selected and another order added.

(The bottom starter is the order added in the last step)

Additionally if you ring in;

Starter
Main
Main
Main
Dessert
Dessert
Starter

The last started gets added in the bottom of the first starters group.

It currently does 99% of what I was expecting/hoping it does exc the update after change course/group and being able to fix the order like on printed tickets (Starter, Main, Desserts).

This is all in regards to new orders, submitted orders remain seperate in their own groups which is good and doesnt want to change,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that “Current State” sort of acts like a Constraint in this Action. So in this case, if the Current State is not <blank>, then the Action will not update the State at all… I am almost certain I ran into this behavior during the HH/VIP development, which as seen in later modifications to the Tutorial, I removed Current State from the Action to overcome strange behaviors.

What I am saying is that if the current Order State of the Item is not blank, then this Action does not fire. I could be wrong, but if I am, then there is no need for this field in the Action at all, because it is arbitrary… either that or blank means the same thing as * ? Need @emre to chime in on this to be sure…